Tyne & Wear derby 21/12/14

Having this fixture so close to Christmas is just not on , there's a high possibility of some mighty sad people on Christmas day now.
Much as I hate Christmas a point away would make me happy. I would be ecstatic with an away win Three years of the belt. However , can't see it happening this season.
Thoughts anyone ?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fucken right. Nobody should be allowed to force the 15/19th Hussars Association out of the Companions Club when it's their annual celebration of Sahagun, 1808, Peninsula.

B42T

LE
Well they just got a tuning tonight off Spurs and on weekend by Arsenal , however not sure if thats good or bad news.

B42T

LE
At least you"ll see some half decent football, maybe.

On Boxing day I'm being dragged off to see PNE v Barnsley ffs
Best I wrap up warm, I can feel the wind whipping round Deepdale already

At least you"ll see some half decent football, maybe.

On Boxing day I'm being dragged off to see PNE v Barnsley ffs
Best I wrap up warm, I can feel the wind whipping round Deepdale already
Not from the away end at Sid Jame's park mate , you need binos and a radio.

What exactly is a tyne and wear derby?

A Tyne and Wear Derby is an impromptu multi-participant display of hand-to-hand combat. These sporting fixtures have been going on for several decades, and do not look set to stop anytime soon. One set of participants will be wearing black and white stripes, and the other red and white stripes. Weapons used include, and are not restriced to, bottles, glasses, tables, pool cues, CS gas sprays, knuckledusters. A third group will be wearing hi-viz coats, or clad in Robocop-style clothing - these are the closest you can get to umpires or referees. They also use telescopic batons, tonfas, CS gas, riot shields, and are assisted by large aggressive Alsatian dogs. Some of them may ride horses, which are not exempt from a punch on the snout from a black and white.

The combat will normally be preceded by heavy drinking, aggressive chanting and gesticulating. More dedicated participants will often have make a game plan in an out-of-the-way tavern, away from prying eyes.

A formal analysis will take place, later, involving the umpires examining CCTV footage, witness statements and evidence, although both the black and white and red and white mobs will draw their own conclusions.

N'umbria plod are keeping a low profile cos they reckon the mackems and mags are now best of mates. I hope somebody has informed muppets like the seaham casuals and other punch happy idiots. The village pub is putting a bouncer on the door just in case.

B42T

LE
Sunday afternoon is looking good for an afternoon on the lash, couple of decent matches on.
The missus can watch a film or something.

B42T

LE
:-D
Or sit there quietly with half a shandy and a packet of crisps eh?

Well if you are old then maybe that will suffice for yourself.

For me its a crate of wifebeater as a warm up followed by 2 bottles of rum.
Actually being as I'm off work now I may add a bottle or 2 of voddy :-D

No lightweights in my house

Latest Threads