TX Overissue - Pay statements

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by toady, Jan 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening,

I've got a bit of a query.

Having been on a tour last year, I returned and (unsurprisingly) my LSSA was not stopped in the first month. Fine, thinks I, I got back towards the end of the month and that's understandable. I know what, methinks, I'll just pop into the pay office whilst I'm on my POTL and make sure that they stop it.

Imagine my surprise when it hadn't stopped the month after.

So, back to the pay office. Please stop the old LSSA, there's a good chap - says I. We appear not to have your computer record, I'll just fax a stop through to Glasgow.

Month later, and still there...

This time I rang the Glasgow helpdesk to confirm that the clerk had stopped the payment. End result over £800 TXoverissue.

Now for my question. Since I'm missing off the system, I'm not getting written pay statements (Sect 8, Employment Rights Act). Is the fact that they have started taking back (at 4x gross daily rate of pay) this month a legal deduction from my wages? (ie does Sect 11 ERA apply?)

Secondly, given that I'm in UNICOM limbo, I didn't receive any letter asking me how I would like to repay the overissue. Stupidly I rather hoped that the Operational Allowance/Bonus could be used to cover it... That's not been applied for either - "No UNICOM record, can't do it" being the Admin office's excuse.

How about the over-tax on the overissue? Does this get taken into consideration when they recover the overissue?

Welcome anyone's experience...

{Edited to add 'secondly' ff}

2. Realise this is answering myself, but I thought that this might be a prevalent problem! Has no-one else experienced a similar issue? PM if you wish.

3. i have a similar problem got posted to Germany last september, stopped paying for my old quarter in England but due to my records going awol have not payed any rent, fuel and light or ciloct since then. i haven't recieved LOA since i arrived here in Germany either and am still awaiting payment of the operational bonus. Checked my pay statement online and they have finally charged rent and stuff for January and then wanted to take £1492 pounds back rent and stuff. now have a ntoverissue. been told they will start taking this back in 2 months time but not been asked how i wish this to be resolved. Will they take it out in a lump sum when i eventually get LOA (no sign of it in Jans pay) or will be over a few months at 4x days pay?? :frustrated:

4. i have a similar problem got posted to Germany last september, stopped paying for my old quarter in England but due to my records going awol have not payed any rent, fuel and light or ciloct since then. i haven't recieved LOA since i arrived here in Germany either and am still awaiting payment of the operational bonus. Checked my pay statement online and they have finally charged rent and stuff for January and then wanted to take £1492 pounds back rent and stuff. now have a ntoverissue. been told they will start taking this back in 2 months time but not been asked how i wish this to be resolved. Will they take it out in a lump sum when i eventually get LOA (no sign of it in Jans pay) or will be over a few months at 4x days pay?? :frustrated: