Two-Year-Old Boy Shot Dead By Sister, Three

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, May 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS!

"A two-year-old boy has died after being accidentally shot by his three-year-old sister in California, according to police. The girl apparently found a .45 calibre semi-automatic handgun under her parents' bed and fired it at her brother by mistake.

The boy, Ruben Soto III, was reportedly shot once in the chest.

He was taken to Kern Medical Centre but later pronounced dead.

Police said the children's mother was in another area of their flat at the time of the shooting. Their father was at work.

"It's pretty shocking, you know, parents having a gun when kids can get to it and it's loaded," Bobby Ortiz, who lives in the area, told news service TurnTo23.com.

"I don't know if there's another word to describe it, it's just a tragedy," said Bakersfield police sergeant Greg Terry.

"It's so important that, if you're going to have firearms in your possession, (you) make sure they're stored safely, so that incidents like this don't occur."

According to the officer, it is illegal to leave a gun somewhere in the home where a child can get hold of it.

The investigation is continuing."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090528/twl-two-year-old-boy-shot-dead-by-sister-3fd0ae9.html

2. Very sad. Leaving loaded firearms around is bad practice at any time but criminally negligent when children are around.

3. The recoil of a 45 ACP in the hands of a 3 year-old must have also caused some damage.

Tragic

4. How far away was the boy when his sister let rip. She must be a good shot.

5. Troll.

6. Inappropriate jokes are always welcome, but you seem to be missing the point - they need to be amusing as well as inappropriate.

O2 tag?

7. Firstly this aint the NAAFI bar; secondly jokes about dead kids aren't that funny. I don't want to sound like a prude but this was so wrong.

8. It is sad that the boy has lost his life and the girl will have to live with it. However the parents deserve everything they get!

9. What is the trigger pressure for such a gat?

10. Light enough for a 3 year old to pull evidently.

The parents need suffer some severe punishment for this idiotic crime (Stupidity to this level must be criminal). No doubt the usual punishment will be dragged out.

"They have already been punished enough" :roll:

11. It would be very difficult for any judge. If he sends the parents down for wilful negligence then the daughter has effectively rendered herself an orphan with one trigger pull. As incredibly stupid as the parents have been I doubt that there is any punishment worse than the outcome of their stupidity.

12. Once an idiot always an idiot. Do they deserve kids? I wouldn't want to leave the daughter in their care after that.

13. I concur with your post Markintime. The loss of their young son will haunt them for a life time.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

15. The only way a 3-year-old could have done this is if the gun was left cocked with one in the chamber and the safety catch (if fitted) set to "fire".

Unless this is a very powerful, physically co-ordinated 3-year-old, of course.