Two women charged over Antigua murders.

Well done to the investigators of this heanous murder of two happy newlyweds.And Antigua have announced that in the wake of the murders,they are re-introducing the death penalty.

BBC.CO.UK/NEWS

Two women have been charged in connection with the murders of British honeymooners Ben and Catherine Mullany in Antigua, police there have said.

The pair, aged 32 and 22, appeared before the chief magistrates in St John's, Antigua, on Thursday morning.

Police on the Caribbean island said they were not in a position to disclose any further information at this stage.

The newly-weds, both 31 and from Pontardawe in the Swansea Valley, were shot in their hotel cottage on 28 July.

They were attacked at the Cocos Hotel and Resort in the south west of the island in what police think was a robbery which went wrong on the last day of their honeymoon.
Death penalty

More than 30 people have been questioned in connection with the shootings and a total of eight British officers have flown to Antigua to assist with the investigation.

The island's troubled 350-strong force, which is faced with rising violence, has no computers, no crime database and only one forensics-trained officer.

Assistant commissioner Ron Scott, who was head of the force's crime unit and one of four Canadian police officers brought in earlier this year to transform Antigua's force, resigned at the weekend citing personal reasons.

Antiguan justice minister Collin Derrick said the resignation would not affect the continuing murder investigations.

Earlier this week, Antigua's government said it will introduce the death penalty for crimes involving weapons in the wake of the murders of the couple.

The new sentencing legislation will be introduced for anyone who uses a gun or knife in a crime which results in death or serious injury.

That's an unexpected turn in a tragic story.
Damn straight they should bring back capital punishment

From the report I heard it doesn't sound like they have been charged with murder though. I think they were in possession of some property stolen from the hotel room.

From the report I heard it doesn't sound like they have been charged with murder though. I think they were in possession of some property stolen from the hotel room.

Eh right the first time. You got finger trouble?

Give them a suspended sentence.

Hang the b@stards.

in_the_cheapseats said:
Eh right the first time. You got finger trouble?
No but my computer seems to think it knows better than me. In most cases this would be correct but not this time.

"For strategic reasons we would not want to go into detail of the charges."

If you run this statement through the caribean legalese translator you get:

"Too much detail will be bad for tourism therefore we will sweep this under the carpet and get on with being cheerful ****ing pot smoking lazy steel band playing islanders as quickly as possible and anyway they were welsh and had it coming!"

Would love to see the lefty liberals wailing and gnashing of teeth if the Government here decided to stick 2 fingers at the EU and re-introduce the same penalty here for the same offences.