Two weeks left to give your comments on Defence Green Paper

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by defenceheadquarters, Mar 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the Prime Minister has prooved that the government and MOD cannot be trusted it seems a bit pointless to take part

2. My only comment is that I think it is wise to write about Defense on Green paper as white paper might be too easily seen in the field.

:?

3. In 1979, I was told that the falling-apart married quarter I had been allocated was only a temporary measure and that MQ's were high on the governments agenda for improvement. I understand that serving personnel are still waiting for the improvements to arrive. So if successive governments cant even get quartering right, what's to be expected of this green paper?

4. "The Review must be able to drive radical
    change. We cannot proceed with all the
    activities and programmes we currently
    aspire to, while simultaneously supporting
    our current operations and investing in the
    new capabilities we need. We will need to
    make tough decisions - based on a clear
    understanding of our interests and the role
    of the Armed Forces in protecting them
    ".

Seems to rather situate the estimate. If the interests being defended are that vital then the resources allocated should change. This document starts with an asumption that no further resources are available. UK Defence spending as a % of GDP is now at its lowest since 1930 I believe ?.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Is this a Labour Defence Green Paper or a Tory Defence Green Paper? :twisted: