Two Tornadoes down in Scotland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jimmys_best_mate, Jul 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Search after two RAF jets crashed in Moray Firth

The RAF is co-ordinating a search and rescue after reports of two RAF Tornado jets crashing in the Moray Firth.

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said the Tornado GR4s were from RAF Lossiemouth, on the Moray coast.

RAF Lossiemouth, the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and RNLI have been alerted to the incident.

Buckie and Wick lifeboats have been launched and an RAF helicopter has been involved in the search for the aircraft and crew.

The MoD said: "The RAF are aware of an incident involving two Tornado GR4 aircraft from RAF Lossiemouth in the Moray Firth.

"The incident is being investigated and more information will be provided when available."

(From the Beeb)
  2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

poor sods .
  3. Syrians at it again?
  4. It'll be them Royal Engineer types at Kinloss playing with laser pointers again.....shiny!!!

Hope they are found safe and well
  5. I hope they crews banged out safe and will be home safe and sound very soon.

We don't have enough airframes to go crashing them into one another.
  6. And that's what I think will have happened. It's not often 2 go down together, without them having collided.
  7. You are Poirot and I claim a bottle of Leffe and ten old Belgian franques.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I hope and pray the 2 crews are found safe and well,but I am not optimistic.
  9. just been on bbc news 2 crew members picked up and taken to hospital
  10. Fingers crossed that the other two are found OK.
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

yep I hope they are safe and well - its a shame they have to fly in such a crate but hey ho maybe they will finally scrap them and have done with it. after all we don't need planes anymore.

where do they get 40 million pounds each from? is that the value to us or BAE.
  12. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Someone playing silly buggers and the Emperor Mong having a field day no doubt.

13. Edited due to 2 still missing.
  14. Two still missing =-(

Two aircrew are missing after two Tornado jets crashed off the north coast of Scotland, the Ministry of Defence said.

Four personnel from RAF Lossiemouth were involved in the incident in the Moray Firth.

A rescue helicopter picked up two people who were taken to hospital in Inverness, where their condition has not been confirmed.

Group Captain Ian Gale, the station commander, said: "It is with great regret that I must confirm the loss of two Tornado GR4 aircraft, from this station, in an incident.

"The circumstances remain uncertain but clearly this is a very serious incident.

"Two individuals have been recovered to hospital and two remain unaccounted for.

"The thoughts of everyone here are with the families and friends of those involved.

He would not comment on the aircrews' condition or the circumstances of the incident.

Two Missing After RAF Tornado Jets Crash