Two Top Tangos Captured in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Jul 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let's suppose that this Zarkawi is killed or captured and what?

Saddam was captured long ago and what?

2. Zarqawi has alot of blood on his hands. He needs to stand trial in an Iraqi court, but I suspect that he probably wont be taken alive. Alive or dead he would be one less tango leader on the loose.

3. Yes of course, his right place is in the hell but it would be too optimistic to wait for vanishing of 'insurgency' with his death.

4. Just hope the spams manage to keep hold of these two, instead of the four that got a way in the "Stan"

5. Killing Zarqawi won't make a blind bit of difference to the number of people shooting at US soldiers. His role has been exaggerated (probably unconsciously) by the Americans, as they persist in the delusional mindset that the insurgency is a single entity that can be defeated using kinetic means. Zarqawi goes along with it, he's hardly likely to issue a press release stressing how little he does now is he.

Oh, and in the UK Tango is a popular make of soft drink. So the mental picture I got from the headline was of a couple of soda tins with little moustaches and AK-47's.

6. Yes I agree. It's far too easy to pin the blame on a single person or organisation - a bogeyman is more convenient than a political, theological or military ideology.

By the same token, would one expect the US Forces in the Gulf to panic and disperse if GW Bush was put in jail? I don't think so.

PD