two ta soldiers nicked in the usa for rape

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jimmybragg, Sep 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just read it on teletext could do 50 years if found guilty
  2. oh well more good pr for the army
  3. Wyoming eh?........hey sure got a purdy mouth.
  4. They could have been tourists, at a convention or dope smugglers - but being TA seems to get the press all hyped up - w@ankers!
  5. That should readm( unless it was deleted )that the MOD spend a ******* fortune on recruiting ads. when ********* like you create such chaos wherever you are posted that young men do not want to sign up and would you ******* blame them.
  6. Might have been a Jacket but wasn't fond of the shovel. In fact hated carrying the fecker!

But you have missed my point. The press picks up on ARMY or TA when someone has commited a crime and implies that it was because of being one or the other that the crime was carried out.

Of course rapists, murderers and the like are not welcome in the Armed Forces, but if they worked for BT (another large organisation) would it have got the same press?
  7. Snowdoniasteve

Don’t be so quick to judge, guilty until proven innocent is not the way the legal system works.
    Yes there’s no place for rapists and thugs in the army, just remember that so far these two men have only been accused of rape.
    Wait until they’ve had their day in court before you start frothing at the mouth.
  8. Yep SS....

I think you need to chill? I don't support anyone found GUILTY of these type of things BUT....

There are always two sides to every story.

And nothing has been proved yet!

Trust me, I've been in a slightly similar situation were I was accused of something that I never did and i know how it feels when as soon as your accused even your closest friends start to doubt you!!!!)

(I was lucky, the truth came out!!!!)

I support them until found guilty......
  9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Moderator head on here -

Be very, very careful please. This topic is 1" away from being pulled. It's simply not right nor fair to discuss these matters lightly, given that the Press watch this site as closely as a very close thing.

Final warning.
  10. Similar to the cover of the scum today... guilty until innocent.

I will zip it now.
  11. A friend in the U.S. says all might not be what it seems.

She met the two guys in a bar, they walked her home and allegedly raped her. Her husband caught them I'm told....but the case is said to be "dubious".

Says he'll find a link so i can post it.....

Innocent before proven guilty.