Two Soldiers Killed in Southern Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by babiesarm, Sep 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just saw news flash on BBC website:

Two British Soldiers killed in Iraq, no further details as yet.

Does anyone know anymore??

Just found this on Sky News website:

Two British soldiers have been killed by a roadside bomb in southern Iraq, a military spokesman is reported to have said.

2. RIP

God bless
  3. BBC News

Two British soldiers have been killed by a roadside bomb as they travelled in a convoy in southern Iraq.
    Iraqi police said the pair's armoured Land Rover was hit by the explosion about five miles east of Shaibah in British-patrolled Basra province.

They died from their injuries at about 0830 BST (1130 local time).

The Ministry of Defence in London confirmed the deaths but said it would not release any further details until their next of kin had been informed.
  4. Deepest sympathies to family and freinds

5. May They Rest In Peace.

Ne Obliviscarus
  6. I hate it when this happens. My son-in-law is out there now and the daughter, wife and in-laws will be all scared stiff. Wife and daughter know better, the in-laws are different.

Why don't they leave it until the families know, before relaesing info??????

My thoughts are with the unfortunate families who, no doubt, know by now.
  7. RIP Guys.
  8. Another tragedy. RIP.
  9. Rest in Peace, guys.
  10. R.I.P. Guys
    Condolences to family and friends
  11. RIP mates.
  12. I agree but most of the time the news is broke first by the media hacks resulting in the MOD having to follow up by releasing an initial statement.

RIP guys.
  13. :( Rest in peace guys.
  14. RIP .

Condolences to the Family, colleagues and friends of the fallen.