Two Soldiers have lost their lives to an Afghan Army Gunman

Sky news are now confirming that two British Soldiers were killed today by an Afghan Army gunman in the Lashkar Gah area.

This is shocking and terrible news.

Rest in Peace to them both. My condolences to their families.

RIP

Stand easy.

on the radio just now as being LKG.

****ing bastards.

RIP and God rest them.

RIP lads

I don't get it: did the Afghan think he could shoot these two and just walk away, or did he get so wound up he didn't care about getting slotted?

And what does this say for the state of the relationship between Brit and Afghan troops more generally? Reading the American press, they've had about 200 incidents of this nature over time, and their assessment is that very few if any of them are about being Taliban sympathisers: just (like this one) pissed-off Afghans settling some kind of personal grievance.

Utter madness.

RIP lads.

I don't get it: did the Afghan think he could shoot these two and just walk away, or did he get so wound up he didn't care about getting slotted?

And what does this say for the state of the relationship between Brit and Afghan troops more generally? Reading the American press, they've had about 200 incidents of this nature over time, and their assessment is that very few if any of them are about being Taliban sympathisers: just (like this one) pissed-off Afghans settling some kind of personal grievance.

Utter madness.

RIP lads.
The domestic COS is not going to be happy with this one as its possibly my next job :)

RIP chaps

If this offended you an apology has been made further down

RIP lads

I would guess that for most of the natives out there, the 'future' and 'consequences' are just wrapped up with the phrase "Insha'Allah"!

Utter madness.

RIP lads.
I don't know what it says about the wider realtionship with ANSF, but what I think recent events have shown is that the other side understand our COIN doctrine better than we do, and are fully prepared to do everything possible to undermine its principles.

And RiP - I hope to God that one day we might look back and judge it worthwhile...

RIP lads.

RIP lads. 1 was Royal Marine, and other was AGC...

Its even worse that it was Afghan Army....I guess its just hard to tell who is a taliban sympathiser, even with the vetting that takes place. Glad they got him though.

B

bokkatankie

You do not lose your life it is taken, no idea why we say such crap. The amount of Afg, trained soldier / police killing seems to be going up and up. Working with them must be very difficult indeed, sadly, once again, it will be dismissed in the higher places as a rogue incident. There are, it would seem, an awful lot of rogues.