Two Sjars, one reporting period?

Discussion in 'Reports & Promotion' started by batmanwasjesus, Jan 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hoping someone can help me with what I think is quite an unusual situation. I was posted to a new unit in September, and received an Sjar on posting for the April to September period. My next Sjar (Delayed) is for the period Sept 12 – April 13. The promotion board sits in May. I have been told that the second sjar should be good enough to come off the board, but the first was only ok (not bad, not brilliant). Do both Sjars go to the board? My current 1Ro has stated that he will ensure the second sjar gets to Glasgow on time for the board. Thanks for any help in advance.
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Not quite sure of your question!
  3. Which sjar will be considered by the board?
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Typically your last 3 years worth, so expect them both to be considered.
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Your last three normally.
  6. Ok, thank you. I'd had an argument with a clerk last week who was under the impression that I couldn't receive more than one sjar in the same reporting period. Thanks for your help.
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Technically he is right. These are two different reporting periods.
  8. Last three as pointed out- in practice what happens is they skim 1RO and mainly 2RO (3RO if you have it) of your most recent report, then glance at 2RO (or 3RO if you have it) of the previous 2, to make sure you're not too inconsistent.
    • Like Like x 1