Two Royals pick up medals for Afghanistan, minus 5 limbs.

Story hereFull story here,

Mark Ormrod, one of the pair, said "If it had taken me half an hour to walk across to my troop I would have done it."

I have a canny suspicion his troop would have waited for him.

Hope they were able to get some beers down their neck :D

Well in boys, hope you are kept in the Royal, and wish you all the best in the future.

Good lads, I wish them long careers with the Royals.

Truly inspiring effort by both Marines, well done very well done.

I cannot help but be infuriated by the banality of the dumb Sky News bint. Here you have a story of true courage and grit, in which two seriously injured soldiers have fought back from their injuries to the extent that they were able to parade with their mates and all she can ask about is whether or not they met Prince Harry!!!

Had she listened, rather then pursue a typically tabloid-esque obession with Prince Harry then she might have learned what real courage is about...

Well done again to those two Marines.

AY

Well done lads ,We are so proud of you .

ArmyYid said:
Truly inspiring effort by both Marines, well done very well done.

I cannot help but be infuriated by the banality of the dumb Sky News bint. Here you have a story of true courage and grit, in which two seriously injured soldiers have fought back from their injuries to the extent that they were able to parade with their mates and all she can ask about is whether or not they met Prince Harry!!!

Had she listened, rather then pursue a typically tabloid-esque obession with Prince Harry then she might have learned what real courage is about...

Well done again to those two Marines.

AY
I second all your comments (especially about typical tabloid press priorities). :x :arrow:

I'd also like to add my congratulations to and awe about these two brave young men.

Deeply annoying to have the 'Sun's real priorities (their bottom line, on the back of stories about the princes' personal lives) thrust into your face like that, but I suppose they have to earn a living. 'Don't buy the thing' is the answer, of course.

Good story otherwise. The RM QM could have forked out a pair of boots for Ormrod, though.

I am amazed by the Bravery of these two Royals( the Marines I mean!!).Well done and to the many others,of our Service men and women,who have been seriously wounded in recent conflicts.We all owe them a great deal.God Bless Them.

They may be diffy a limb or three, but they clearly make up for it by each being in possession of an enormous pair of swingers.
Well done lads, we're hugely proud of you.

The office suddenly got rather dusty when I glanced up and saw the parade being shown - I doubt I was the only one who held my breath as Cpl Ormrod walked tall and proud across the square. I wish the sound had been up so that I could have heard the interviews, but the pride and strength that showed in the faces of Cpl Ormrod and Mne McBean told its own story. They are both, as is every other Headley Court Irregular, simply awe-inspiring...

[hr]
Whiskybreath said:
The RM QM could have forked out a pair of boots for Ormrod, though.
Wb, could it possibly be something to do with balance / secure footing that trainers are used rather than boots? I really doubt it would have been an oversight or a slight on anyone's part.