TWO Reasons not to vote for Brown

#1
TWO reasons not to vote for Brown. (My sums work on the same principle as the Scots Nats. Re: North Sea Oil viz Barnett Formulae.)

1. He's a Scot.
2. He's from Scotland.
3. He's Scottish.
4. He's a Scotsman.
5. He's a Jock.
6. He's a tartan drawed, sporran swinging sheep shagger from Achterkiltymuchter.

Errrmmmm. Was there an election? Or did I miss it, whilst in the bush?
 
#2
None of those are really valid reasons; just for being a porridge-wog is no real reason.

How about
1. a liar
2. a liar
3. a liar
4. loves the EU and wont have a referrendum
5. Raising taxes, he lied again
6. Improved education..oops another lie
7. Improving the NHS..... oops, yet another lie
8. Supports the Armed Forces.... mega lie
9. Lives in a fantasy world.
10. Is Labour therefore a liar.
11. Sorted immigration.... f***ing big lie
 
#4
Did someone violate you with a spurtle when you were a boy?

He's an arrse because he's an arrse, not because he's Scots. Plenty of them south of the border, too. I can think of a place where nearly 600 of them concentrate.
 
#5
smartascarrots said:
Did someone violate you with a spurtle when you were a boy?

He's an arrse because he's an arrse, not because he's Scots. Plenty of them south of the border, too. I can think of a place where nearly 600 of them concentrate.
No. But I was into 'guddlin', whilst being raised along the borders. Fished senseless ...but it taught me a thing or two.

True, musn't raise clan hackles....your right he's a twat...Scot or no!!!
 

Trick

War Hero
#7
Bottler Brown or Cameron (the slimey git) Chameleon?

You have to choose the lesser of two evils really, and i wouldn't choose the conservative.
 
#8
shagnasty said:
TWO reasons not to vote for Brown. (My sums work on the same principle as the Scots Nats. Re: North Sea Oil viz Barnett Formulae.)

1. He's a Scot.
2. He's from Scotland.
3. He's Scottish.
4. He's a Scotsman.
5. He's a Jock.
6. He's a tartan drawed, sporran swinging sheep shagger from Achterkiltymuchter.

Errrmmmm. Was there an election? Or did I miss it, whilst in the bush?
I take it you had some hairy assed Jock do you over at some stage eh ? mmm I wonder why !!!!
 
#9
He can fcuk off back to Jockland now they've got their own parliament, if we've got to have lying scumbag politicos at least make them English
 
#10
He may be a tawt and a Scot but it's a load of self seeking tawts of English, Scots, Welsh and Irish nationality who chose him to be leader of the liabour party and therefore , like it or not, the legal PM of the UK.
 
#11
Trick said:
Bottler Brown or Cameron (the slimey git) Chameleon?

You have to choose the lesser of two evils really, and i wouldn't choose the conservative.
Yea gods..you're a lairbour voter, yuk.
 
#12
craftsmanx said:
He may be a tawt and a Scot but it's a load of self seeking tawts of English, Scots, Welsh and Irish nationality who chose him to be leader of the liabour party and therefore , like it or not, the legal PM of the UK.
Errrm no. The voters did not choose him to be PM. You don't vote for the PM, you vote for the party. That would be a presidential government, which we don't have.

He is the legal PM though.
 
#13
ViolentBadger said:
Trick said:
Bottler Brown or Cameron (the slimey git) Chameleon?

You have to choose the lesser of two evils really, and i wouldn't choose the conservative.
Yea gods..you're a lairbour voter, yuk.
Yes. You see, they're better than the conservatives. Take for example the NHS. It was ruined under the conservative government, and has improved under Labour. Reasons like this make them better than the cons.

However, I'd prefer a green party government over Labour.
 
#14
Trick said:
Take for example the NHS. It was ruined under the conservative government, and has improved under Labour
Are you on the same planet as me as I seem to have missed this improvement..OK I get it you're doing a WAH.
 
#15
Trick said:
Bottler Brown or Cameron (the slimey git) Chameleon?

You have to choose the lesser of two evils really, and i wouldn't choose the conservative.
Don't worry. The next election isn't for a couple of years.

When your house is 'reallocated' by the state to some more deserving asylum seeker, Christmas is made a criminal offence and you're left burning piles of worthless banknotes to keep warm during the power cuts, you'll vote for Satan himself to get this lot out.

(PS The Chameleon Dave stunt backfired rather badly. The official Labour line now is: Don't vote for him because he's of the wrong social class. This is easy to remember as it's exactly the same reason right wing Tories don't want to vote for Gordon.)
 
#16
ViolentBadger said:
Trick said:
Take for example the NHS. It was ruined under the conservative government, and has improved under Labour
Are you on the same planet as me as I seem to have missed this improvement..OK I get it you're doing a WAH.
The improvement isn't what Blair said it would be (he set himself targets far too high). But there has been improvements nonetheless (like operation waiting lists). Just because the Mail/Torygraph/Whateverneoconpropagandayouread doesn't report these facts doesn't mean they don't exist.
 
#17
Trick said:
ViolentBadger said:
Trick said:
Take for example the NHS. It was ruined under the conservative government, and has improved under Labour
Are you on the same planet as me as I seem to have missed this improvement..OK I get it you're doing a WAH.
The improvement isn't what Blair said it would be (he set himself targets far too high). But there has been improvements nonetheless (like operation waiting lists). Just because the Mail/Torygraph/Whateverneoconpropagandayouread doesn't report these facts doesn't mean they don't exist.
You're dead right about bias from the popular press. That's why it's best to get your data from the National Audit Office:-

There have been inappropriate adjustments to NHS waiting lists
Or the British Medical Journal:-

Many patients wait unacceptably long times for NHS surgery
Or the Office for National Statistics:-

HTTP 500-13
Server too busy

Oh bugger! OK, what about the Scottish Executive:-

NHS waiting lists in Scotland at all time high
You're a victim of spin mate. Read the small print. Waiting times are now measured from diagnosis to treatment. Let me give you an example of how this works.

An elderly, former mariner that we all know and love went to his GP a while ago.

"Mariner", said the GP, "old age does not come itself. You need to go to hospital. I'll refer you to the appropriate consultant so you can be diagnosed and admitted".

I duly saw the consultant and I was admitted to hospital within a week of being seen by him. As far as waiting list stats are concerned, that counts as a one week wait from diagnosis by the consultant to hospital admission for treatment.

Now, I waited over two years between my GP referral and being seen by the consultant. The only reason I got to see him when I did was because my condition became life threatening and I paid him 180 quid an hour to be seen as a private patient.

None of that matters in the crazy, mixed up world of NHS spin. As far as the government is concerned, I only waited one week and this stat. contributes to ministers' boasts about waiting times.

On a separate note, fiddled waiting lists are about the only thing left that the NHS boasts about. Because of that, individual hospitals are under extreme pressure to maximise patient throughput. This is one of the main reasons why hospital acquired infection rates are going through the roof. People are dying of c.diff and MRSA so government ministers can make false claims about waiting lists.
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#18
How many reasons to hate Brown?

£14Bn = money lost by selling all the Bank of England's Gold in order to keep in with the European Central Bank, thus causing it to have the lowest price in 20 years.

£23Bn = money so far roughly spent propping up Northern Rock

Well, that's around £37Bn reasons for starters. that would buy a lot of Ammunition, Boots, Hospitals, AND Schools.



(Oh, and for comparison, 'Black Wednesday' cost us around £4Bn)
 
#19
Ancient_Mariner said:
Trick said:
ViolentBadger said:
Trick said:
Take for example the NHS. It was ruined under the conservative government, and has improved under Labour
Are you on the same planet as me as I seem to have missed this improvement..OK I get it you're doing a WAH.
The improvement isn't what Blair said it would be (he set himself targets far too high). But there has been improvements nonetheless (like operation waiting lists). Just because the Mail/Torygraph/Whateverneoconpropagandayouread doesn't report these facts doesn't mean they don't exist.
You're dead right about bias from the popular press. That's why it's best to get your data from the National Audit Office:-

There have been inappropriate adjustments to NHS waiting lists
Or the British Medical Journal:-

Many patients wait unacceptably long times for NHS surgery
Or the Office for National Statistics:-

HTTP 500-13
Server too busy

Oh bugger! OK, what about the Scottish Executive:-

NHS waiting lists in Scotland at all time high
You're a victim of spin mate. Read the small print. Waiting times are now measured from diagnosis to treatment. Let me give you an example of how this works.

An elderly, former mariner that we all know and love went to his GP a while ago.

"Mariner", said the GP, "old age does not come itself. You need to go to hospital. I'll refer you to the appropriate consultant so you can be diagnosed and admitted".

I duly saw the consultant and I was admitted to hospital within a week of being seen by him. As far as waiting list stats are concerned, that counts as a one week wait from diagnosis by the consultant to hospital admission for treatment.

Now, I waited over two years between my GP referral and being seen by the consultant. The only reason I got to see him when I did was because my condition became life threatening and I paid him 180 quid an hour to be seen as a private patient.

None of that matters in the crazy, mixed up world of NHS spin. As far as the government is concerned, I only waited one week and this stat. contributes to ministers' boasts about waiting times.

On a separate note, fiddled waiting lists are about the only thing left that the NHS boasts about. Because of that, individual hospitals are under extreme pressure to maximise patient throughput. This is one of the main reasons why hospital acquired infection rates are going through the roof. People are dying of c.diff and MRSA so government ministers can make false claims about waiting lists.
Quite happy to admit that I am wrong.

Edited to add:
However it was Thatcher and her party which f*cked the NHS in the first place.
And Brown has promised more NHS funding than Cameron (as far as I know)
No doubt I'll be corrected on this aswell :p
 

Latest Threads

Top