two questions

rite two quick questions here people

is it pronounced "Intelligence Corps" or "Intelligence Core"

also

I have read a lot of people talking about the dark side or light side. Can anyone explain what they mean?

thanks for any answers

It's pronounced as it is written, but I imagine this response may continue to prove confusing.

Dark siders have poor personal hygiene habits and can bore the tits off a donkey.

"Dark side" is an indication of their sexual proclivities.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Light side and dark side are a bit like tomato ketchup and brown sauce - neither is too good for you, but the full English isn't right without both.

It's spelled "Corps" and it's pronounced in the same way as "corps" is in every other usage in English.

There is no dark- and light-side; It's Dark and Dim side. One is a description of the rooms the cleverer side of the Corps work in, the other relates to the duller wattage of the brain of the other side of the Corps!:)

Mick Harris

Old-Salt
rite two quick questions here people

is it pronounced "Intelligence Corps" or "Intelligence Core"

also

I have read a lot of people talking about the dark side or light side. Can anyone explain what they mean?

thanks for any answers

Its pronounced Intelligence 'Bore' and the dark side is if you want your CO to be Darth Vader...you're welcome close my door on the way out......simples !!

Mick Harris

Old-Salt

Well done the White Mong bus is outside make sure you get on it your Mum will be worried.

Mick Harris

Old-Salt

Mick Harris

Old-Salt

Is that Mong for I'm sorry for being a dick....apology accepted.....now close the door on the way out let the Soldiers talk

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"Corps" is pronounced "Core". Fun fact.

Darksiders are mostly, but not all, intelligence bods doing real analysis using clever capabilities and producing verifiable information that is actually useful and valued by the recipients. They quickly get disenchanted with the general amateurism and incompetence surrounding them, are passed over and leave to get paid more as productive members of society. Lightsiders are mostly, but not all, intelligence bods making shit up using PowerPoint or coloured pens and acetate, producing opinion-based fact in tediously obvious assessments that are ignored by the recipients. They quickly get indoctrinated to believe they are masters of the world, are promoted well beyond their actual intellectual capability and eventually leave to get paid more as management consultants.

Nobody really uses the terms Darksider or Lightsider anymore, outside of ARRSE or Cold War reunions.

PS And please never, ever again say "people" at the end of an opening sentence. I know you saw that film with soldiers in when you were twelve which made you think it was sweet, but in case it has escaped your notice or you are still twelve, many things which were sweet when you were twelve like kiss-chase or Crocs or that boy band you liked are not actually sweet, but are in fact sexual assault, permanent blisters and a miserable life spent repressing your apparent homosexuality.

Last edited:

Mick Harris

Old-Salt

Did I say Int is a Bore..did it make you sad before bed in your Int Jarmies.sorryyyyyyy

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
'Intelligence Corps', as a name, is interesting: A body of dead intelligence, you might deduce!

Very astute. Better to work it out before you join than after!