Two questions.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by cunning_stunt, May 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your "CAR" on JPA? I know my OJAR is finished and it's at Glasgow but I din't get my last CAR (Report up to 30 Apr 08) until two weeks ago and I'd quite like not to wait a year for this one!

Secondly, I am posted in four weeks, the job I'm going to is a newly created post and hasn't got a LSN and so I have been told my assignment order has been delayed. Is this a problem? I don't need a quarter or anything like that but I wonder if it may cause problems with me being taken on strength etc.

Many thanks for your help

2. Not sure where the acronym CAR comes from - don't you mean SJAR?

You should have received part one near the time it was due, at the very least in hard copy. The report only comes back down in to your workflow once it is released to board in Glasgow - when you can then see any 2RO or 3RO comments.

If this is the first you have seen of the report then you may well be within your rights to redress if there is anything unsavoury on there.

And in answer to your second question - yes. Your permanent assignment location affects all number of allowances. If you are assigned to a non-established post I suspect this will cause some fairly major issues.
  3. It's a "Consolidated Appraisal Report" (from JSP 757). I have seen part one of my OJAR (not SJAR) but not part two-I was just wondering if it normally took 12 months for them to be released to the board and return to my workflow?

I have been sent a "letter in lieu" of my assignment order, I was hoping to avoid another game of telephone tennis with Glasgow whereby the person I need to speak to can only call me back when I'm not there etc etc.
  4. It shouldn't take that long no. Speak to your unit HR, some are known to export it to word (as a complete document) prior to sending to 533, as a backup for just such an occasion. Stranger things have happened.

Failing that, PM me, I have a phone number that will be of very much use to you.
  5. Every day is a school day. 'CAR' is my new favourite acronym to confuse people with.

With regards to OJAR (or CAR as I now like to call it), mine took a little over 8 months to reach my workflow, though I was (unofficially)shown the 2RO comment and head of arm insert much earlier. I would like to think that if I was nearing a board the whole process would happen faster.