There is no forensic evidence like DNA.
Apart from the 7.62 round, matched to his SLR, recovered from the spine of one of the victims, someone he denied fireing at until he became aware the round had been recovered?

A large amount of those crimes committed or suspected to have been committed by PIRA weren't investigated to the fullest, either at the time or later.
Do you have evidence of this other than those crimes which were condoned by various intelligence agencies?

The number of families who have never had justice for loved ones murdered by terrorists outnumber those whose loved ones were killed by the security forces in disputed circumstances by about 100 to 1.
So who is to blame for that? The RUC?

Slime

LE
Do you have evidence of this other than those crimes which were condoned by various intelligence agencies?

Large number of ‘disappeared’ are easily seen to have not been investigated to the fullest.
The various family campaigns over multi decades show this, as do the failure of various governments from the U.K., Ireland and and USA not to have included info from PIRA as part of various ‘get out of jail free’ or peace deals.

The terrorists.
Not at all, the RUC CID were very good at their job and if any evidence existed prosecutions would have followed. Or are you congratulating the terrorists on their operational security and forensic awareness?

Large number of ‘disappeared’ are easily seen to have not been investigated to the fullest.
Do you have evidence of this? After all Gerry was lifted not too long ago regarding the dissapeared.
The various family campaigns over multi decades show this,
What such as the current campaigns by the people of Ballymurphy and others?
as do the failure of various governments from the U.K., Ireland and and USA not to have included info from PIRA as part of various ‘get out of jail free’ or peace deals.
Can you give specific examples of this?

Not at all, the RUC CID were very good at their job and if any evidence existed prosecutions would have followed. Or are you congratulating the terrorists on their operational security and forensic awareness?

The situation was what it was. One of the retired English detectives reviewing historic cases from the early '70s stated that cases he would have expected 30 detectives to be assigned to when he was serving might have 3 assigned to it in NI at that time, all of whom would also be working on 3 or 4 other serious cases.

The reality is that while RUC CID did incredible work in very challenging circumstances the majority of terrorist murders remain unsolved.

Slime

LE
Do you have evidence of this? After all Gerry was lifted not too long ago regarding the dissapeared.

What such as the current campaigns by the people of Ballymurphy and others?

Can you give specific examples of this?

Let’s get this straight.
You have asked me to give examples of things that DIDN'T happen????
Well, the fact they didn't happen are examples they didn’t happen, and I can’t show examples of where they did happen..........as they didn’t happen.

Feel free to cite Adams conviction and jail term if you feel it would help dismissing the idea that the disappeared to the fullest.

Let’s get this straight.
You have asked me to give examples of things that DIDN'T happen????
Well, the fact they didn't happen are examples they didn’t happen, and I can’t show examples of where they did happen..........as they didn’t happen.

Feel free to cite Adams conviction and jail term if you feel it would help dismissing the idea that the disappeared to the fullest.
It's very easy just provide facts, you are asserting things that didn't happen, so what were these things that didn't happen?

Or are you just getting all emotional.

The situation was what it was. One of the retired English detectives reviewing historic cases from the early '70s stated that cases he would have expected 30 detectives to be assigned to when he was serving might have 3 assigned to it in NI at that time, all of whom would also be working on 3 or 4 other serious cases.

The reality is that while RUC CID did incredible work in very challenging circumstances the majority of terrorist murders remain unsolved.
There is most definitely a conviction void from the early 70s due to the impossibility of securing evidence in what was a war zone. Yes some terrorists got away with murder, many did not. But it is exactly those same circumstances which raise questions over various killings by the security forces.

Slime

LE
It's very easy just provide facts, you are asserting things that didn't happen, so what were these things that didn't happen?

Or are you just getting all emotional.

The things that didn’t happen..........err, are the things I have now said didn’t happen in two posts.

Perhaps you need to show me how to show an example of something that didn’t happen :)

Can you start with something really easy, I might not be getting what you are are asking for.

How about showing an example of how Jerry Adams was kidnapped by MI5, taken to Downing Street and hung from a lamp post until dead.

Now, if I’m getting your line of reasoning right you will be able to show an example of the above, even though it never happened. Again, using your reasoning just saying it never happened doesn’t count :)

There is most definitely a conviction void from the early 70s due to the impossibility of securing evidence in what was a war zone. Yes some terrorists got away with murder, many did not. But it is exactly those same circumstances which raise questions over various killings by the security forces.

Again, using your reasoning just saying it never happened doesn’t count
But that is exactly what you are doing, making rash statements about things you claim did not happen without a shred of evidence.

Slime

LE
But that is exactly what you are doing, making rash statements about things you claim did not happen without a shred of evidence.

Show me how to answer, I’ve given you the example.

There is most definitely a conviction void from the early 70s due to the impossibility of securing evidence in what was a war zone. Yes some terrorists got away with murder, many did not.

Not some, most.

But it is exactly those same circumstances which raise questions over various killings by the security forces.

Which brings us right back to where we started. For every security force shooting in disputed circumstances there is roughly 100 unsolved terrorist murders.

Currently there are more soldiers facing charges than terrorists from that time period.

Slime

LE
Is it just me, or would it be impossible for me to show how the:
US
UK
and
Irish governments built cast iron agreements into the good Friday deal, New Labour ’amnesties’ or US deals that said ‘no move forward at all’ or ‘no amnesty or no release from jail’ until the mysteries of the disappeared were evidenced and cleared up.
For me, the fact these things didn’t happen shows they didn’t happen :)

Again, is it just me, or is the fact the families of the disappeared say the deaths of their loved ones are still unresolved (while those committing the torture and murders and know the facts, and may have been released or received an amnesty) is a bit of a clue to the fact the deaths are still in resolved.
For me, the fact the disappeared are still mostly unresolved shows they are still mostly unresolved.

Slime

LE
Not some, most.
Can you back that up with hard facts as a number of thousands of terrorists passed through prisons.?
Currently there are more soldiers facing charges than terrorists from that time period.
It's about equal numbers under investigation at the moment I believe What seems disproportionate is brought about by the RUC/RMP agreement which lead to incidents not really being investigated at all.

Take the case recently dismissed, three soldiers took in on themselves to shoot an unarmed man running away from them. The RMP follow up was dire but SOP at the time. Fast forward to 2021 and everyone with a brain cell will say WTF? Luckily in this case no admissable evidence was recovered or preserved therefore case dismissed.

Same circumstances applied to some terrorist killings mainly during the period 1969 - 1973.

Last edited: