Diplock courts are used throughout the UK for certain cases.

Many other countries don‘t use juries.

Before you make a claim just spend a few minutes checking what you are saying.

Thats a regular occurrence is it?

Sorry, but Themanwho isn't available to call you a cnut right now; please don't leave a message, cnut.

Example of the Themanwho making himself look like a ****

nobody in uniform set out to kill civilians.

and then in the same post

When British soldiers did commit murder, once evidence was found they were prosecuted tried and convicted (as with the Pitchfork Murders in '72).

I made the claim because I know it’s correct. Prove me wrong.

Or you could just prove it with a link, instead of buying time to frantically google an example.

Or you could just prove it with a link, instead of buying time to frantically google an example.

There’s no link. Not all my knowledge is gained from google.

Do you think the law of England & Wales only has trials with juries?

There’s no link. Not all my knowledge is gained from google.

Do you think the law of England & Wales only has trials with juries?

Then allow me Rumpole

For 350 years in England and Wales people got a jury, then there appears to be on anomaly 11 years ago.

Almost as if DIplock trials never caught on eh?

Then allow me Rumpole

For 350 years in England and Wales people got a jury, then there appears to be on anomaly 11 years ago.

Almost as if DIplock trials never caught on eh?

It’s not they haven’t caught on. Bench trials were in place before diplock, but they are used in only very specific circumstances - complex fraud cases, where a jury is subject to intimidation and a few other rare occasions.

Well done for proving yourself wrong. Dick.

It’s not they haven’t caught on. Bench trials were in place before diplock, but they are used in only very specific circumstances - complex fraud cases, where a jury is subject to intimidation and a few other rare occasions.

Well done for proving yourself wrong. Dick.

If that right Rumpole? So for 350 years (until 2011) the England and Wales didnt have juries for serious criminal trials?

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
One of the major Northern Ireland killers is shown below..

1621291576128.png

It had left a very bad taste in a lot of mouths, and a lot of very angry people. That was the last recent experience for lots of Squaddies, standing behind a Saladin firing HE and belts of 7.62, not standing behind a Saracen sheltering from the bricks.
Saladin crews were not allowed to use their main gun (76mm) in Aden. All the Aden veterans that I came across in the early seventies, both in NI and elsewhere did not seem very angry, although they did think it was it was a complete shit show by the Wilson Labour government.

I remember a Cpl who had served with 1 RNF in Aden in 66/67 and 3 Royal Anglian in NI in 1972 saying that in Aden if they took out an Arab gunman they would just roll the body into a ditch and carry on their patrol, but when they took out a gunman in NI the shit hit the fan with statements taken, weapons seized, round accounted for, etc.

Last edited:
I remember a Cpl who had served with 1 RNF in Aden in 66/67 and 3 Royal Anglian in NI in 1972 saying that in Aden if they took out an Arab gunman they would just roll the body into a ditch and carry on their patrol, but when they took out a gunman in NI the shit hit the fan with statements taken, weapons seized, round accounted for, etc.
Home and Away matches.

What's changed?

Based on AFG and Eye-Rack, not much. British Army/Western coalition hasn't a scoobie how many genuine civilian deaths occurred as a result of ground troops actions in either AO.

Given the absolute lack of mission clarity in the first of those, and the dishonesty which drove the second, I find that thought very disturbing.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Example of the Themanwho making himself look like a ****

nobody in uniform set out to kill civilians.

and then in the same post

When British soldiers did commit murder, once evidence was found they were prosecuted tried and convicted (as with the Pitchfork Murders in '72).
The first statement was specific to Bloody Sunday, as anyone who can read will know. The second was more general to the period of OP BANNER. Stop making yourself look stupid, selective quotes are rather pathetic. Especially as it's obviously taken you several readings to concoct your somewhat rickety "Gotcha".

Last edited:
All true and Google-fu from a prat is not a useful supporting argument, although I would say that I don't know what the pre-tour training quality in '72 was like. From reading on this thread and others I gather early NI training was very basic, with a lot of "sort it out in the province".
'Pre-tour training' - that's a strange expression, what's that? I went straight from a 2 year posting on a Scottish island to a long tour in Londonderry and joined the advance party of the batallion I was to be attached to at Liverpool ferry port. I hadn't seen an SLR for over a year, let alone fired one. Oh, BTW, while I was on embarkation leave, Bloody Sunday happened, so the locals weren't exactly pleased to see us.

You are criminally stupid.

Because you didnt know what you were talking about and are now bluffing?

So these diplock courts, never really caught on eh?

Latest Threads