Two more British casualties in Iraq.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mary, Jan 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sincere condolences to their mates and loved ones :cry:
    Rest in peace lads
  2. BBC news says they were from Hereford.
  3. May they rest in peace, our thoughts are with the families.
  4. my condlences to their family and friends.
  5. The BBC are bastards for reporting that - what purpose does it serve?

Sincere condolences to family and friends - what a tragic start to the new year for them.
  6. Crap at any time of the year, more so now.

Condolences to the families and friends.
  7. It will not surprise you all to hear that the press, Sun, Mirror, Mail etc have already been banging on the widow's door.

There is no news here, there is no story, it is just an appalling thing that has happened and for any journalists who read this post - I accept you have a job to do, a very important one, and I have the greatest respect for many of the profession, but intruding on someone’s grief is a spineless, thoughtless and vile thing to do.

This is not the suicide of a government scientist it is the death of 2 outstanding soldiers in an RTA. There is nothing to report except the devastation of the people that knew them. I don't need a newspaper to tell me that, it is obvious, so why can't they leave them alone.

If you are a journalist please can you try to justify the need to knock on the door in this thread.
  8. Radio 4 6pm new made a little fau pas when they named the guys unit they left out the vowel.
  9. FFTG

If that is true I don''t think anyone could justify that. Thoughts not questions should be with the widows.
  10. Take it from me - it is true
  11. Today was Jimmy Stenner's funeral.

I then discovered this article,11816,1119154,00.html

All I can say is what a load of unutterable tripe. Although the Guardian is not my daily choice of paper I have, in the past, respected it as a paper of integrity and quality.

This pathetic article, attempting to conjure a story out of nothing other than a simple car accident, is repulsive and deplorable. The authors should send their CVs to the Sunday Sport where their abilities are more likely to be appreciated or perhaps even the Sport would feel the journalists have stooped too low
  12. Whilst not agreeing with it's politics or social comment I have always respected the Guardian for it's news reporting. That article puts the paper on the same footing as Pravda. Quite disgusting. The very worst sort of ill informed tabloid journalism.
  13. Glad you agree Mushroom