Two Generals, Three Hundred Officers and the Parachute Regt

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by western, Dec 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To be binned, well according to the Times anyway:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6954598.ece

2. If thats the case, how about all the top heaver RA,Admirals, that are still on sky high salaries, sure we have more Admirals than ships/subs these days?

I'm sure CnC fleet can be streamlined down at the same time.

3. Bait and Switch: float the idea of disbanding the Paras, wait for the invetible OUTRAGE!!! on an epic scale, then announce that you "have listened" to the public etc and that the Steely-Eyed Dealers of Death From Above will be saved...

...then shaft some other, less cool part of the Armed Forces. :wink:

Job done. Back of the net! :twisted:

Cynical? Moi? :roll:

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You did mean RN and not RA there right?

On the other hand, now all these jobs are being sacked at Main Building, there must be some of those rather nice chairs being knocked out at a decently cheap price somewhere. Anybody know where I can pick one up for a tenner?

5. What a surprise that you have decided to put in your two pennies worth on a thread which mentions Paras! All we need now is Auld Yyn to start bleating to complete the double.

6. "On the other hand, now all these jobs are being sacked at Main Building, there must be some of those rather nice chairs being knocked out at a decently cheap price somewhere. Anybody know where I can pick one up for a tenner? "

Sadly not - the MB posts being cleared are being refilled through closure of other MOD london estate areas. Its quite impressive that in 18 years, we'll have gone from 18 buildings into 1 in London. MB is (and will continue to be) bursting at the seams.

7. Using that logic, does that mean that we are in fact not cutting any General or other senior officer posts, however, Privates and LCpls’ watch out :wink:

8. Just worked out whats going on - the press have picked up on the LF reorganisation and decided to turn the restructuring into cuts, and then added streamlining into the bargain. They also thought some random spin on the Paras (despite any such decision being an SDR call and not a random "lets do this in Dec call") for good measure.

This is BS served with a side order of bollocks...

9. Aww, are you missing your boyfriend, Fally?! :twisted:

10. Western,

You don't normally post BS, at least, not without arguing pigs fly. What's your take, on the subject?

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

As long as he keeps 'missing' me I will be happy :lol:

12. Yes, RN (Rear Admiral's/Admirals)