two five regiment

Hi all

iv just come from gib barracks to two five but im only there as a SAT soldier which means i'm basically useless at the minute to them does anyone know if there is any way of getting a driving license while i wait for my trade to start i september ?

driving lessons perhaps. :?:
:?:

OK, what the fcuk's a SAT (apart from a gucci video range thing where they tell you not to shoot at the helicopter)?

as you may or may not be posted back to 25 after your trade course the MT bods may be unwilling to waste a space on a Cat B course for you. But make it known to your staffy that you wish to do the course, if you're not a complete plonker he may be inclined to get you on it.

Sc00by said:
soldier awaiting training in my case my trade .
Which Sqn are you???

Leave him alone snail ffs we want him to stay in the Corps!!!!!

once sluggy is finished with him it will be Napolean XIV time....

How are you useless to them? If you are posted to 25 then surely you have completed phase 1 & 2 training irrespective of awaiting a trade? How can you be useless when you can:

Stag on.
Operate a bass broom.
Wield a paintbrush.
Make brews.
Serve officers dinner.
Carry large bits of field engineering equipment from a to b & fit it together under supervision.
Clean & oil stuff in the G10.

Or has it really changed that much?

I would guwess that you are not a "SAT" but a SATT - i.e. a Soldier Awaiting TRADE Training. As K13 says above you are a trained soldier, and a trained combat engineer. You are not useless to them. Get on as many courses as you can, play sport, get on adv training courses, get fit, etc etc.

Oh - and probably stag on.

chimera said:
I would guwess that you are not a "SAT" but a SATT - i.e. a Soldier Awaiting TRADE Training. As K13 says above you are a trained soldier, and a trained combat engineer. You are not useless to them. Get on as many courses as you can, play sport, get on adv training courses, get fit, etc etc.

Oh - and probably stag on.
Good advice from Chimera. And just to add; don't sit there doing nothing emphasising your perceived uselessness. Be keen and offer to do things or assist with things so that you might not only learn but look keen ... it's your chance to shine and make that first all important impression. Take it from someone who has been a Tp SSgt, first impressions count; it shows potential & initiative ... or lack off!

And stag on ...

Edited to add: and was a Tp SSgt with 25!

k13eod said:
How are you useless to them? If you are posted to 25 then surely you have completed phase 1 & 2 training irrespective of awaiting a trade? How can you be useless when you can:

Stag on.
Operate a bass broom.
Wield a paintbrush.
Make brews.
Serve officers dinner.
Carry large bits of field engineering equipment from a to b & fit it together under supervision.

Or has it really changed that much?
Then once you have completed your trade and have a few OP tours under your belt maybe get your second up and then you can:

Stag on.
Operate a bass broom.
Wield a paintbrush.
Make brews.
Serve officers dinner.
Carry large bits of coneheed equipment from a to b & fit it together under supervision.

Or is that just Chilwell?

Going back to the driving licence, the potential trade you are may also have some bearing on how quickly, or indeed the likely hood of you getting a driving course is.(Wether it be at DST or an in unit course). Its all laid down in employment structures for the Corps. Speak to you troop management. (I think that 25's DI has or is about to be posted!)

On the sperate issue of Sluggy, stay the **** away! Anyway the Snail is in the other Regiment!