Two Drug Smugglers Hanged in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC News

Singapore has executed two African men for drug smuggling after rejecting appeals for clemency by Nigeria's president, the UN and rights groups.
Good. They can't say they weren't warned. Printed large on the landing cards given out on the plane words to the effect: the penalty for importing drugs into Singapore is death. Seems fair.

Africans stand out like a greyhound's bolloxs in Singapore. What were they thinking?

Yep been through Changi - big letters and no ambiguity. Remember the furore caused 5 or 6 years back when they flooged a teenage septic for vandalism. Good on the Singaporeans.

What were the smugglers thinking? "Fcuk I wish I hadn't done th............"

Seadog said:
BBC News

Singapore has executed two African men for drug smuggling after rejecting appeals for clemency by Nigeria's president, the UN and rights groups.

Probably working for Nigeria's President and the UN hence the appeal.

They wont be smuggling anymore drugs now - The punishment must work, result.

Lets have some of this in the UK.....................

Excellent. Sod the human rights groups and the UN, they broke the law and the penalty for their offence is death. Congratulations to Singapore for getting rid of 2 sub-humans.

Remember the furore caused 5 or 6 years back when they flooged a teenage septic for vandalism

Michael Fay in 1994. Time flys.

The Nigerian was caught smuggling 700g of Heroin through customs.

The other lad never met the Nigerian or saw the drugs but was who the Nigerian was going to give them to. Just thinking about bad things can be bad for you in Singapore.

A few years ago they hung a Cloggie who thought he would confuse the cloggie customs if he flew from Nigeria to Amsterdam via Singapore. The folks a Changi thought this a mite suspicious and arrested him as he walked between the two planes. Officially he never entered the country, but they still hung him.

The Singaporean Prime Minister said in response to appeals for clemency that "we have a duty to safeguard the interests of Singaporeans..."

You wouldn't catch Blair or Brown being so daring as to say that of Britons. It would go against their fundamental beliefs.

Whiskybreath said:
The Singaporean Prime Minister said in response to appeals for clemency that "we have a duty to safeguard the interests of Singaporeans..."

You wouldn't catch Blair or Brown being so daring as to say that of Britons. It would go against their fundamental beliefs.
...and their Human Rights - the right to go about their business flogging drugs!

Can't say I agree with this. I'm no bleeding-heart lefty, I do actually believe in the death penalty for convicted murderers, but hanging poor, desperate drug mules whilst the big fish at the top get off scot-free doesn't seem like justice to me.
Besides, nobody forces people to start taking the drugs these people provide. Drug addicts should bear the responsibility for destroying their own lives upon themselves, nobody else...

Dear Agony Aunt . . . why, oh why, oh why can't we hang drug dealers? My people and my country are plagued with the little cnuts and they are even making schoolkids drug runners.

Please can we hang them from lamp-posts or shoot them on sight?

Giblets said:
Dear Agony Aunt . . . why, oh why, oh why can't we hang drug dealers? My people and my country are plagued with the little cnuts and they are even making schoolkids drug runners.

I'm sure most drug-dealers are also loathsome human beings into the bargain, but I have a better idea.

Why don't we legalise all drugs, so that they're literally as cheap as chips. That way, anyone stupid enough to get themselves hooked on drugs won't have to mug and rob their way to every fix?

Anothermedalwonderer said:
Giblets said:

I'm sure most drug-dealers are also loathsome human beings into the bargain, but I have a better idea.

Why don't we legalise all drugs, so that they're literally as cheap as chips. That way, anyone stupid enough to get themselves hooked on drugs won't have to mug and rob their way to every fix?
Because it does not address the issue of the cnuts that cocked a snook at society by dealing them in the first place.

Let's face it, drug dealers don't give a fcuk about anyone, especially the humans around them. They sneer at the laws, they sneer at the police and terrorise communities.

You couldn't exactly hunt people down who just showed the attitude and then kill them, but at least by being drug dealers they show themselves and can be killed as such.

Once we have removed this dross from society, by all means, legalise the feckin lot.

From what I understand of that case involving the Australian drug dealer who was hanged in Singapore, he was doing it to try and get his twin brother out of trouble with big debts to some rather nasty people.
Besides, I would rather punish these drug dealers more severely for their other crimes other than distributing drugs, such as terrorising communities with violence and threats, rather than simply selling drugs to people who want them....

Anothermedalwonder wrote

It's been discussed before on ARRSE.

Drugs

Who is going to tell el Head Honcho drug baron that his crop has to meet EEC directive 2006 Drugs, Cnuts, for the use of 6 /345a and his heavy mob should attend bullying and harassment reduction training?

Should EEC farmers be subsidised to grow drug of choice so it can come under Government control, scientists diverted from doing important stuff (cures for cancer, finding more oil or alternatives to it?) to certify the stuff? Another layer of Civil Servants to add to bureaucracy, and the public purse. El head honcho will just stand aside for the competition, farmers needn't fear the representatives of South American/ Jamaican / Taliban types dropping in for a chat?

There would still be a black market, still be addicts with no money. They'd just need to steal less. But I'm all ears.

rickshaw-major said:
Good on the Singaporeans.
Bingo :thumright: & having lived here now for over 3 years with two young daughters I can honestly say its the safest country I've ever lived in. The approach to crime & punishment might hack of Amnesty International and all the bleeding heart liberals but none of the locals I work with disagree with hanging the fcukers.

To be honest though it's a bit of a non-issue here - only made page 8 of the free newspaper ;-) For the record the dopey (now dead) git was 19yo and was found in possession of 700g of diamorphine (heroin by any other name). That's enough for 48,000 doses & as an ex Customs lad I'm pleased to fcuk they nailed him :thumright:

On the same page another Aussie has just been charged with trafficking - but since he was caught inland at his rented flat with less than 500g of cannabis he won't be facing the death penalty - another 70g and it would have been bye-bye. Instead he'll get 5yrs and 10 strokes of the rattan cane... ouch! (sympathy in the dictionary between....) Now where did I put the photo of the rattan cane stripping the flesh of some fella's back.. got to be a more effective deterrent than an ASBO :biggrin:

lancslad

Status
Not open for further replies.