Two Dead In Bus Crash In Coventry

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Coventry bus crash: Two dead after double-decker hits supermarket - BBC News

"An eight-year-old boy and a woman thought to be in her 70s have died after a double-decker bus crashed into a supermarket in Coventry city centre, West Midlands Police have said.

The boy, a passenger on the top deck of the bus, and the woman, a pedestrian, both died at the scene.

A nine-year-old girl is also seriously ill in hospital, while six others, including the bus driver, were hurt.

The bus hit cars and then Sainsbury's in Trinity Street at about 18:00 BST." (c) Auntie

More in the link above.

Am wondering if this will turn into another blackout/extreme pain event we saw in the Glasgow bin lorry crash?

To be honest am surprised the media have not yet made that link.

Fit and healthy bus drivers do not try and drop their passengers off inside the supermarket...

So what?

Coventry bus crash: Two dead after double-decker hits supermarket - BBC News

"An eight-year-old boy and a woman thought to be in her 70s have died after a double-decker bus crashed into a supermarket in Coventry city centre, West Midlands Police have said.

The boy, a passenger on the top deck of the bus, and the woman, a pedestrian, both died at the scene.

A nine-year-old girl is also seriously ill in hospital, while six others, including the bus driver, were hurt.

The bus hit cars and then Sainsbury's in Trinity Street at about 18:00 BST." (c) Auntie

More in the link above.

Am wondering if this will turn into another blackout/extreme pain event we saw in the Glasgow bin lorry crash?

Fit and healthy bus drivers do not try and drop their passengers off inside the supermarket...

Bit of a rarity aren't they?

I was only about three miles away at the time. Who do I call for counselling and compo?
I used to shop there when I was a student living in Priory Hall. Is it too late to claim?

In all seriousness though, that never used to be a fast road. How the hell did he get it up to 60mph in the first place?

I used to shop there when I was a student living in Priory Hall. Is it too late to claim?

In all seriousness though, that never used to be a fast road. How the hell did he get it up to 60mph in the first place?
Thought the same myself. Besides are not double deckers speed limited? might have been a Foleshill jihadi bus. "Allahu (limited stop) akbar"!

RIP to some, get well soon to the others. Time will give the answers, let time roll.

I have been tempted.

The difference being that despite this being the People's Republic of Coventry it is still, just, in England. That means that being a member of the Labour Party, the SNP or a trades union is not going to save you from prosecution.

Allegedly a mayor of Leamington but near enough. Already I've heard boneheaded suggestions that religion was the issue ;(
Local paper in overdrive. Pound land may run out of teddy bears soon too.

Allegedly a mayor of Leamington but near enough. Already I've heard boneheaded suggestions that religion was the issue ;(
Local paper in overdrive. Pound land may run out of teddy bears soon too.
Thanks. I saw former mayor of Coventry this morning but it looks like an incorrect report.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joshua Slocum Films, Music and All Things Artsy 27
sportbilly42 The NAAFI Bar 104
in_the_cheapseats The NAAFI Bar 5