Two Danish soldiers KIA AFGN 041208

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Dec 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP Chaps.
    My sincere condolences to the families & friends.

"Two Danish soldiers were killed in combat today south of Gereshk in Helmand province. Please spare a thought for their families and comrades."

If anyone want's to know the names if you think you might know them,let me know & I'll ask my friend Martin.
  2. Thursday, December 4, 2008

Denmark says 2 soldiers killed in attacks in southern Afghanistan

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The Danish army says two soldiers have been killed in separate attacks in southern Afghanistan.

The Army Operational Command says a Danish-British patrol came under attack Thursday in the southern district of Gereshk.

The army says one soldier was fatally wounded when his vehicle was hit by a bomb. The patrol came under fire shortly afterwards.

The army says a second soldier was killed by another explosion when Danish and British troops rushed to help their wounded colleague.

Denmark has about 700 troops serving in the NATO force in Afghanistan. Most of them are based in the volatile southern Helmand province.

Eighteen Danish soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan since Denmark joined the U.S.-led coalition in 2002.
  3. RIP Danes.
  4. Rest in Peace

Deepest condolence to family and friends
  5. RIP... Hvil i fred ( I hope that ir correct )
  6. R.I.P.
  7. R.I.P
  8. RIP Vikings
  9. RIP Danes.
  10. RIP Vikings, rest, stand easy and take your rightful places amongst the einherjar in the halls of Valhalla
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The fallen are named as OKST (Either OR-2 Private or OR-3 Lance Corporal) Dan Gyde and KST (OR-1 Private) Jacob Grønnegaard (Groennegaard).
    (thanks to Martin)
  12. RIP, with the three Canadians dying, it quells all those who say that other countries are not doing their share.
  13. RIP Vikings,