Two complete artillery or naval shells required.

Two artillery or naval shells complete required for display . To stand either side of my big fireplace in our living room. polished brass if possible, and i will collect if not to far from home which is between Wolverhampton and Stafford,and will pay a reasonable price. The size i am looking for is between 18" high and about 2 feet. i do not know what caliber that encompasses.
If you can help. please PM me. Thank you.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
I've visited these in the past for toolboxes (old ammo boxes) but not sure if they will have what you want.

Tyk

LE
2 ft tall including projectile sounds more like a Bofors or 40mm size, that will be "interesting" to get one of let alone 2. Tad top heavy as well unless the brass is weighted with something like lead inside.

I've seen shell brass casings in occasional antique type places, but not with projectiles and not for ages, honestly no idea where you'd get one these days so far away from WW2.

slick

LE
Very difficult to find complete rounds of that size. You`d be better off with a replica such as this... Link
and as it`s made of wood you can always chuck it on the fire if the central heating fails. :D

2 ft tall including projectile sounds more like a Bofors or 40mm size, that will be "interesting" to get one of let alone 2. Tad top heavy as well unless the brass is weighted with something like lead inside.

I've seen shell brass casings in occasional antique type places, but not with projectiles and not for ages, honestly no idea where you'd get one these days so far away from WW2.
Empty cases. I could fashion the shell from timber if necessary. I have done that with a 20mm empty case.

Gentleman, thank you for your help. I have now sourced 2 ( Two) 18in high first world war shells from a dealer in Frimley. Total cost with shipping £225. Again the collective brains of Arrse have done it again........ I am chuffed to NAAFI breaks. From first post to completion, 2 hours, bloody wonderful.

Last edited:
Lean out of your bay window and shout " YOU THERE THAT MAN COME ERE " to people in the street while the kids bumper the ceiling and the wife lays the table ready for inspection.

Gentleman, thank you for your help. I have now sourced 2 ( Two) 18in first world war shells from a dealer in Frimley. Total cost with shipping £225. Again the collective brains of Arrse have done it again........ I am chuffed to NAAFI breaks. From first post to completion, 2 hours, bloody wonderful.
Either you have a big fireplace or the blokes in this picture are very small
1616009606992.png

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads