Two British Soldiers killed in Afghanistan 4/3/07

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by h_8204, Mar 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen headline on BBC website two NATO soldiers killed were British...........

RIP

Wonder if its linked to the following:

www.afgha.com/?q=node/2091

Breaking news is coming out of Helmand province where ferocious ongoing fighting is taking place is three districts pitting a massive number of Taliban against British troops. So far witnesses are saying at least two British armored vehicles have been immobilized, possibly destroyed, in the fighting. The districts of Nad-Ali, Gereshk and Sangin have been attacked by Taliban formations.

NATO has responded to the Taliban’s claim of ‘killing four NATO tanks’ by saying “Both vehicles were deliberately disabled by ISAF troops on the ground to render them useless by the enemy. While the vehicles were disabled, they were not done so at the hand of the Taliban. ISAF left the vehicles in tact so we would not cause undue harm to innocent civilians. You'll never hear the Taliban pulling back from an operation because of innocents in the area

2. Its being listed as breaking news, no proper link yet.

RIP

3. RIP lads. My kids will say prayers for you & your families tonight.

4. 29 Cdo RA according to SSN.

RIP

5. It with deep sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the deaths of two British soldiers, from a Task Force in Helmand province, Afghanistan, on Saturday 3 March 2007.

The soldiers, both from 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery, died during a rocket attack in the Sangin area.

The Commander of the UK Task Force, Brigadier Jerry Thomas, said:

"It is with deep regret that I must today confirm the death of two members of 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery who died during operations in Helmand.

"The loss of two of our men in one incident is a deeply saddening blow. It will be particularly badly felt by all those back home and I would like to sincerely convey my thoughts and condolences to the men's families and friends at this very difficult time. Our prayers are with them."

Next of kin have been informed and they have requested a period of 24 hours grace before further details are released.

Rest in peace lads

6. regrets too there familys RIP

7. Ahh Shit. When will it end.

Sit back lads. Enjoy the Peace and quiet

RIP

8. RIP Lads and condolences to your families & oppos...

9. RIP lads. Stand down.

10. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)