Two British SF Seriously Injured In Syria

Interesting to see if MoD even comment on this story, and the source for the “breaking news”...

Not much to go on at the minute but reports say they were struck by a missile in an attack that also killed a Kurdish fighter before being evacuated by US forces.

Not much to go on at the minute but reports say they were struck by a missile in an attack that also killed a Kurdish fighter before being evacuated by US forces.
RPG probably.

I hope they are fixable and recover quickly.

If the story is correct they will hopefully be receiving the best military medical care going.
Thoughts and best wishes to all involved.

Hope for a speedy recovery if true.
How would that info come to light though?
Through the Syrian Democratic Forces apparently. According to the Mirror, a spokesperson had said they were hit by a guided, anti-tank missile.

I hope that it isn't true at all. All that would be required for Britain to be doing it's bit in the fight against IS would be denying the re-entry to the UK to anyone who went to Syria to fight for them, and the shooting of anyone in the head who tried to enter the UK illegally.

If true I hope no-one has been permenantly injured, and hope that the maximum available medical resources have been made available, and that they make a full recovery.

I would like someone from the MOD to tell us how it is possible for British troops to be fighting against IS as well as fighting against Al Assad, given that Al Assad's forces are also fighting against IS. I would also ask them to explain how fighting against IS, without the support of Al Assad's troops is possible without fighting alongside Al-Qaeda (David Cameron's 80,000 "Moderate Rebels"). I would also like them to explain why Sky news does not allows people on air who think Al Assad's forces are legitimate.

If you watch the video at around the 1 minute 30 second mark screen left there is a quick partial flash of what could pass for an MTP/Multicam clad figure.
I think you're right. Sure looks like a western chap. I hope he wasn't risking his life to help Al-Qaeda fight IS and Al Assad because we'd rather have those Barbarian dark ages Wahhabist psycho's cnuts in power than a russian backed ex-NHS eye surgeon.

'Seriously injured' does not bode well. Swift recovery.

I would like someone from the MOD to tell us how it is possible for British troops to be fighting against IS as well as fighting against Al Assad, given that Al Assad's forces are also fighting against IS. I would also ask them to explain how fighting against IS, without the support of Al Assad's troops is possible without fighting alongside Al-Qaeda (David Cameron's 80,000 "Moderate Rebels"). I would also like them to explain why Sky news does not allows people on air who think Al Assad's forces are legitimate.
The UK is fighting IS in accordance with unanimous UNSC Resolution 2249. This includes air strikes against IS and training and support to the SDF who are defeating them on the ground. Assad allowed over half his country to come under IS control as he was concentrating on the rebels in the west of Syria.

The U.K. is not supporting any group fighting Assad’s forces. The main area of anti Assad rebels remains in the Idlib, NW Aleppo area and is monitored by Turkey.

Meanwhile, Turkey has launched two attacks against the YPG (majority membership of the SDF) in N Syria and were preparing a third but this seems to be on hold as Trump has said he is pulling the US out. The SDF appear to have given Manbij to Assad’s forces.

The SDF are also in liaison with Assad’s govt about the areas east of the Euphrates which they have taken from IS. They are looking for some kind of autonomy, much like N Iraq.

It’s a lot more complicated than that, but that’s the basics re the UK’s involvement unless Assad again uses CW.

BBC had a reporter standing outside the MOD HQ. They did say that the MOD refused to comment but did not cite their source but mentioned at the start and end of the report that he was "reporting from" rather than standing outside "the MOD". I thought that was misleading in order to give credence to their unaccredited source.

Sky were better and claimed that their source was a well regarded Kurdish news outlet but didn't say which one.

I hope that it isn't true at all. All that would be required for Britain to be doing it's bit in the fight against IS would be denying the re-entry to the UK to anyone who went to Syria to fight for them, and the shooting of anyone in the head who tried to enter the UK illegally.

If true I hope no-one has been permenantly injured, and hope that the maximum available medical resources have been made available, and that they make a full recovery.

The state of his office!

The UK is fighting IS in accordance with unanimous UNSC Resolution 2249. This includes air strikes against IS and training and support to the SDF who are defeating them on the ground. Assad allowed over half his country to come under IS control as he was concentrating on the rebels in the west of Syria.

The U.K. is not supporting any group fighting Assad’s forces. The main area of anti Assad rebels remains in the Idlib, NW Aleppo area and is monitored by Turkey.

Meanwhile, Turkey has launched two attacks against the YPG (majority membership of the SDF) in N Syria and were preparing a third but this seems to be on hold as Trump has said he is pulling the US out. The SDF appear to have given Manbij to Assad’s forces.

The SDF are also in liaison with Assad’s govt about the areas east of the Euphrates which they have taken from IS. They are looking for some kind of autonomy, much like N Iraq.

It’s a lot more complicated than that, but that’s the basics re the UK’s involvement unless Assad again uses CW.
Thanks. That's more information then you could get in a month of BBC news reports. What is the source for this? How do you stay up to date on world events when your choices are shill media like the BBC/Guardian/Daily Mail or random internet 'news' websites? As far as I'm aware we never did get any sort of answer from the government who David Cameron's "Moderate Rebels" were. Did Assad use CW? General Shaw seems to think not, and the media seems to think that it's best not to let anyone speek who thinks that (usually a telltale sign they are correct want to prevent speech in order to avoid showing that they don't have a counter argument). I would like to know more about the situation in general, any good websites/resources you can point me to?