Two amphibious behicles being rescued by REME

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by seaweed, Jan 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Thought this might interest some:

Wheels turn on Portsmouth

Unfortunately no pics. This scrapyard has hosted all sorts of ships and vehicles ion its time including a destroyer, which had SCRAP painted on her side in huge black letters while she was being cut about, to stop people ringing up the navy to complain that she wasn't looking smart enough.
  2. By 'rescued', do you mean 'moved closer to the gas-axe'?
  3. Until I read that last bit I thought they were going to do them up so if Cameron sends us off to fight the Argies we'd at least have something to get sent in on, Oh well I guess pedalos will have to suffice for the time being.
  4. Sounds like a bit of a LARC
  5. That's LARC-V that the Aussies had/have. We used them in East Timor. It's a whole quantum difference in size from the ones in Pompey - much, much smaller, about the same size as a DUKW.
  6. [h=2]Two amphibious behicles being rescued by REME (the TA really)[/h]

WTF are behicles ?
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

why not get them going again for touristy stuff? that's a community project.

dukw rides are very popliar
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I remember starting that thread along with a stillbrew chieftan. Pompey has some interesting roadside scrap!
  9. They're about 10 times the size of a DUKW.
  10. It's a new acroynm for B fleet vehicles
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Then you get ten time the amount of tourists in them. I am sure they would love to have a trip round Portsmouth harbour in them
  12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

If you see a business opportunity go for it. Be my guest.