Twitter - Whats that all about then?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Good CO, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I opened a twitter account - hqarrse (about 6 months behind the rest of the world apparently). I have to date written two tweets, both exceedingly boring. Does anyone use / read this? Do you want an HQ ARRSE twitter channel? What does a good twitterer write?
  2. Absolutely nothing. All twitterers do is things like tell you they're stuck in a lift. Or going for a dump. Or something.

But nothing of any relevance - suggest therefore that you save yourself the effort and leave well alone.

N Ludd
  3. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Can you say anything interesting in 140 characters (140 because thats the US SMS limit)
  4. Is it only you, Good CO, who will be sending out these tweets?

I don't follow tweets, but am of the impression that they are sent out by folks who are desperate to advertise to the world exactly what they are up to throughout every day.

So, I guess it's up to you.

Is that how you want to spend your days (and nghts)?
  5. In that case it would be perfect for some of the posters on here :roll:
  6. You could tell us what you're wearing, Good CO?
  7. You could tell us who is currently posting to ARRSE and the (hot) topic(s)....

Not for me, you understand. For my friend.

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

ArmyNet's got one. Probably enough of a reason for Arrse not to.
  9. I got one, mainly to see what all the fuss was about. It was just what I expected...

It seems to be simply full of celebrities waffling pish to their brainwashed legions, telling them they can't find their glasses or something pump like that.

I really couldn't see an arrse twitter thing catching on, to be honest.

(Note- I know it seems I only have three posts to base an opinion on, but I also have another old account I can't use anymore- I'm no arrse virgin!)
  10. Don't waste your time or effort. Twitterers or whatever they're called are invariably either boring or self obsessed poseurs. Or both.
  11. I think the collective noun for people who use twitter is "tw*ts". Twitter is said to be named after the barren land between a womans tw*t and shi*tter, but that has still to be officially confirmed.

However, in all seriousness. Twitter is to be avoided at all costs. Its full of b-list celebs and work dodging internet goblins making banal posts about the mundanity of their lives. No one needs to know when Stephen Fry last had a dump or what Katie Price is having for lunch.
  12. Case in point:

13. Shitmydadsays justifys the whole thing as far as I'm concerned.
  14. Thats amazing, I'm stealing some of them! :lol:
  15. Maybe Good CO would like to steal some of them, too? :D He could do a lot worse. They're funny. They could brighten-up folks' days. I always thought it was just people's drivel about what they are doing ...... every five minutes. :roll: