Twisters

Looking out of a bus window today I noticed a bloke in a wheel chair, propelling himself down the pavement not using his hands on the wheels but his perfectly good legs...I had to laugh !!! Seen that type of thing in Prague, with a beggar walking down the road with his crutches under his arm while he rolled a cig. OK, everyone has a twister near them...called your local MP, but any good stories on this one?

Looking out of a bus window today I noticed a bloke in a wheel chair, propelling himself down the pavement not using his hands on the wheels but his perfectly good legs...I had to laugh !!! Seen that type of thing in Prague, with a beggar walking down the road with his crutches under his arm while he rolled a cig. OK, everyone has a twister near them...called your local MP, but any good stories on this one?
Maybe his back is fúcked?

Or his hips fell off?

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Methinks @Ciggie may have imbibed or two more bottles of toilet duck than usual. Still, keeps him busy and out of harm's way.

Twisters, they kept your trousers neat !

We have a creature in Loughborough who 'uses' crutches. He walks perfectly normally, just touching each crutch to the floor as he walks.

A chance encounter with him halfway across a road, me on my motorcycle and a well-revved engine proved beyond reasonable doubt that there's fück all wrong with his legs.

I thought these Types of Cheats were called Scouses and not Twisters:cool:

In our area, F.D.Council employed / created an anti cheat team a few years back to work in conjunction with the Penrith based centralised offices. You could fill a fleet of Outrage double deckers now with the scores of bastards who have been re-assessed. Local newspapers often as not do a bleeding heart story about some hard-done- to. Never comes to anything probably.

First visible "victims" as far as I'm aware were those claiming rights to Motability vehicles. In Stirling, there is a major supplier whose vehicle holding areas filled to bursting with reclaimed cars in about 6 months flat.
I nailed a factory fresh 2 years old ( 7,400 miles) Zetec Fiesta for my son for pretty much half price!
Plenty pre-owned bargains to be had. Other than these, local tic-tac chatter abounds with "invalids" getting decanted out of specially adapted houses into "enabled" property plus co-habiting under the radar is being knocked for 6.

The gutteral convos we over-hear in Tesco etc about newly imposed hardships are frankly priceless. Often at the Fag & Lotto counter where they hand over £20/£50.00 of their "entitlements". We live in a very mixed area where, as SWMBO & I do if you have the cheek to actually leave home looking sharp as a new pin.......we get looked up and down like we stepped out of Hollywood. We are not snobs...we buy Matalan & such (perfectly good)!
Jesus, I really detest these bastards. They are here to stay in ever increasing numbers in my opinion.
Top marks to our local authority in that respect for going to war on them.
Legal Aid to sue? Not a chance. Does not exist anyway to sue.
A cheat is a cheat so the message is take your pain.or else you will need Aid to keep you out the nick or end up with years of Benefits claw-backs.

Last edited:
My wife went to the funeral of a much- respected manager she worked with for many years at Benefits Fraud, yesterday.

It was a humanist funeral, conducted by a "celebrant", rather than a priest or vicar.

Afterwards, a colleague sidled over and whispered, "See her, we did her for fiddling a couple of years back," to my wife.

He would have loved the irony.......

My wife went to the funeral of a much- respected manager she worked with for many years at Benefits Fraud, yesterday.

It was a humanist funeral, conducted by a "celebrant", rather than a priest or vicar.

Afterwards, a colleague sidled over and whispered, "See her, we did her for fiddling a couple of years back," to my wife.

He would have loved the irony.......
The celebrant may have been a vicar though! We have a lay reader who is licensed to carry out funerals in our church, and at the local crematorium. You don't have to be an ordained member of the clergy to carry out funeral services, and frankly if that were the case, given the low numbers of ordaned clergy, you would probably be waiting months for a funeral. The chances are any Church of England funeral is being taken not by an ordained vicar, but a licensed lay reader.

She also carries out humanist funerals. She doesn't wear the dog-collar or surplice for those funerals, but a dark formal suit.

Latest Threads