TWISTERS...... ARE THEY BAD FOR YOUR FEET???

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Jumping_Hat, Feb 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Give it to me straight...... are twisters (ie trouser elastics) bad for you? Can they cause you grief in the field (ie coldfeet injury??)

cheers

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Foxy, BB and D-L, thats the small green lacky bands you hold your trousers up with.

No, only if you put them to high up, at knee level.

3. Going through training, we were fortunate to have a superb physio at the Med Centre. His research into lower limb injuries was top level and - being at a training establishment - he had great research material.

Other than proving people with flat feet were less likely to get shin splints etc, they showed that twisters etc can do damage. As they are so tight they can restrict blood flow to the foot. We were directed to use bits of tubigrip as it was not so tight - worked just as well.

Seeing as you are in the field, why not just wear CS95 as intended and use the laces at the bottom of the leg??

4. I use a belt around expansive gut!

5. Or to hold them down ;-)

6. Yes, if you wear them for more than 6 hours at a time your feet fall off.

7. You wear the feckers over your boots, where your trews should be......unless your a real fat fecker :wink:

BB over to you....... :twisted:

8. now that explains a couple of things!!

9. :?

What were they using - Samway Anchors?

It is more likely that the practice of tying the laces tightly around the top of the boot is what is causing any damage.

10. My how times changed, have they started wearing trousers with court shoes now??

11. yes, and it looks so dreadful you know :roll:

12. Boots! Twisters! Green!, "in the field"!.........................................

Nope, none of that rings any bells with me :lol:

13. When you were in we had gaters and battle dress :wink:

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Must be a nurse then!

15. Ventress Wrote:

or maybe even a Dentist ?