Twin Towers warship to enter NY

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by EX_STAB, Nov 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Could be a challenge considering it doesn't have 21 guns.... two 30mm cannon - that's your lot! :)
  2. Does it have 21 guns?
  3. Did you read my post? :?
  4. Doesn't look like it has 21 guns on board...
  5. Or seeing a show on Broadway - ;)
  6. Or doing a 'Midnight Cowboy'
  7. That was where the Wah monster first bit you! :D
  8. Bugger! :D
  9. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable sailing in something made out of metal that has previously crushed hundreds of people to death......

Just me of course, but I find it a little creepy. Only in America.....
  10. I was just reading this, and in some strange way I was quite moved by it. Although, I was also thinking that only the Yanks would think of this, and do it. Imagine the puzzled faces in Whitehall if something similar was proposed here - "Why would we want to do that?"
  11. "Let's build a Land Rover out of recycled Tube Trains from 7/7."

Symbolic and all that, but bonkers nonetheless.
  12. Bet the boys and girls lining the decks as they enter the harbour feel about 20 feet tall

(Do the USN do the same sort of thing that the RN do when entering harbour?)
  13. Although if they'd really wanted to stick it to them, they could of built an aircraft carrier.....

Right, I'm done.
  14. Yes, the USN have their own version of Procedure Alpha. Having sailed past Ground Zero onboard a Pussers grey, a few years back, I'd imagine it to be a very surreal experience going past the site knowing that part of your bow used to be part of the WTC. I'm not one for sentimentality but it raised the hairs on the back of my neck sailing past the site.

I suppose the UK version would be HMS Portsmouth with part of the Trident Centre glued onto the superstructure and a fresh steaming turd as the ships crest...
  15. They need a bigger flag on that boat