Twickers to Paddington query.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Issi, Apr 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being a bumpkin and Welsh to boot, and not used to those fancy London ways. I'm trying to work out the best way to get from Twickenham to Paddington after the Army/Navy game.

Any locals got any tips?

2. X59

X59 LE

British Rail enquiries are good for that sort of enquiry about travelling on British Rail.
  3. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Both Richmond and Paddington are on the district line (that's the green coloured one on the Tube map - The most direct route is take the district line from Richmond and change at Earls Court for the district line to Paddington. Or take the district line to Gloucester Rd Station and then take the Circle line to Paddington. Either way it will take you about half hour.

Once you're at Paddington, you've got a bit of a walk through their maze like system to get to the national rail terminal part, but it's all sign-posted.

Enjoy your trip to the Big Smoke!
  4. Cheers for the help guys, believe it or not I have been looking on the Internet and despite typing all permutations of 'Twickenham to Paddington' 'trains from Twickers to Paddington' etc. I haven't found anything as helpful as has been posted here in the last 20 mins.

Arrse never lets you down.
    PS - have been there before but always stayed with a mate in Merton, he's in Spain at the mo, hence my utter helplessness.
  5. **** it! Get pissed, find a tidy dumpster in central london, live like this bloke for a night.

Then just follow the hordes of blokes with bottles of evian, cans of red bull, and wearing brand new Army Rugby Jerseys. You'll soon find your way to Paddington then.
  6. Or if you're heading back to Wales go from Twickenham to Reading then join a train back to your sheep there. The route to Reading is often less busy than into London after big matches at Twickenham, so less of a queue to get onto the platform & more chance of getting on the train.
  7. 'CaptainPlume's' plan is good, but ensure you have a ticket from Twickenham to Reading. South West Trains make frequent checks especially on match days.

Remember to check the time of the last Swansea train. WorstGreatWestern love games at Twickenham or the Millenium Stadium as they can finish the 'service' with a last train about twenty minutes after the final whistle.
  8. Also a AvN virgin, can you get to the gam from Kings Cross via the underground only, i have put the journey into the planner & it keeps coming up as requiring a normal train journey is required.
    cheers chaps/chapess's
  9. Kings X-Waterloo tube yes, from Waterloo the trains run regularly (platform 21) IIRC is the one used, if I'm wrong I'm sure another arrser will correct me,

I've used the service past 3 years with no problems, hope that helps..
  10. You can get to Richmond by tube and Twickers is but a 10-15 minute walk away. You won't get lost, just follow the crowds of wobbling red shirt wearers.

Route - Piccadilly Line (the navy blue one) from Kings Cross to Hammersmith, change to the District Line (the green one) for the Richmond Branch.
  11. Take a cab, but make sure its a black cab. Under a never repealed law from the late 19th Century you can legally refuse to pay if he is not wearing a regulation issue cap - under no circumstances let the driver tell you any different