Twenty films that make men cry

Bambi... or charlotts web..awwwwwwwwwwwww

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
"17. The bit in The Italian Job where the Mafia smash Michael Caine's Aston Martin and the two E-Types had me crying like a baby."

The only bit I agree with!!

The Crying Game. Do you want two veg with that?

Dambusters. When Guy Gibson gets the bad news that n***er the dog was run over.

Dusty or what?

The runway scene on The Wild Geese "Look after Emile, shoot me Alan!" Just thinking about it has set me off :-(

Hate to admit it but Watership Down, the end scene where the Grim Reaper Rabbit comes to collect him and he look's over at his family and is reasured they'll be fine without him had me sobbing like Maddie in the boot of a car.
Still I was about 10yrs old at the time!

I must have been sitting in a dusty bit of the cinema at Bridge to Terabithia. The last 5 mins of Gladiator always seem to activate the 'I've got something in my eye' gland, especially if I've finished off a couple of bottles of vino whilst watching the film.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Hate to admit it but Watership Down, the end scene where the Grim Reaper Rabbit comes to collect him and he look's over at his family and is reasured they'll be fine without him had me sobbing like Maddie in the boot of a car.
Still I was about 10yrs old at the time!
I'd never seen Watership Down till a few months ago when the gf suggested I watch it. she said 'you might want to make sure you have tissues handy first.'

I said 'fair enough - seems like a weird film to have a w**k to though.'

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
i'd never seen watership down till a few months ago when the gf suggested i watch it. She said 'you might want to make sure you have tissues handy first.'

i said 'fair enough - seems like a weird film to have a w**k to though.'
hahahahahahaha

The cnut who cried at the end of The Notebook should return his Jacobs to stores and get his 668 signed off accordingly. The only acceptable one on that list is the ending of Marley & Me.

Saving Private Ryan got to me...

The cnut who cried at the end of The Notebook should return his Jacobs to stores and get his 668 signed off accordingly. The only acceptable one on that list is the ending of Marley & Me.
Oh I don't know, I would have added 'It's A Beautiful Life'. From memory I would have said -

'The Fighting Sullivans' true story film on an American family who lost their 5(?) boys in WW2 American Navy.
'The Day They Gave Babies Away' with Glynis Johns
' Grey Friars Bobby' the Findlay Currie version
'The Hasty Heart' with Richard Todd
' The Bridges of Madison County' with Clint Eastwood
'Million Dollar Baby' again with Clint
' Cinema Paradiso'
'The Pearl' Pedro Armandiaz

I'll think of some more, there's that James Stewart one about Christmas and how one man's efforts can make a difference.

To a whole generation, you only have to mention "m-m-m-Mandy" to remind them of a scene that would have had the whole cinema in tears.

Always a dusty moment for me and I've seen it loads of times is the ending of 'South Pacific' when grief-stricken nurse Mitzi Gaynor, thinking that coast-watcher Rossano Brazzi has been killed, starts to care for his two children; starts singing to them, and Brazzi, unseen by her, comes up and joins them in the song.

Alec Lomas said:
I'll think of some more, there's that James Stewart one about Christmas and how one man's efforts can make a difference.
Yes, it's the ending isn't it?, when all the grateful towns-people come to the aid of Stewart and his wife

YouTube - It's a wonderful life ending

Oh, and the 'You'll Never Walk Alone' Scene, in Carousel

Has no-one seen Old Yeller?

The Renaissance Man where the guy in glec specs recites the St Crispian's Day Speech and where the no nuts gets his fathers Silver Star.

The Dead Poets Society when the guys get up on their desks and call out Oh Captain My Captain (just got goosepimples typing it).

Has no-one seen Old Yeller?

The Renaissance Man where the guy in glec specs recites the St Crispian's Day Speech and where the no nuts gets his fathers Silver Star.

The Dead Poets Society when the guys get up on their desks and call out Oh Captain My Captain (just got goosepimples typing it).

I was doing fine until you mentioned the most horrible movie of all time in this regard--Old Yeller. I saw it at the "drive in"(do you have those in the UK) with my family in the mid-1950s and still cannot forget the ending. I think that is what put me on the path to the dog rescue work I now do.