Tweed at Sandown?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by LAIT, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Edited.
  2. I would have no hesitation about wearing tweed at Sandown. It might be inside the M25 but it’s not as if you're turning up to main building in wellies and a flat cap is it? It’s a field. On a race course. As you said there are few enough occasions to wheel out the old tweed and I think Sandown is one of them.

As a back up just make sure you carrying a healthy supply of ‘dam-yer-eyes’. If anyone dares to raise an eyebrow just be confident in the knowledge that you are above mere social norms and that the very fact that you are doing it has caused it to become acceptable.
  3. I'm sure that I have seen many well dressed members of the regt wearing tweed at Sandown!? Never seen a horse though.
  4. Inside the M25? I thought Sandown was on the south coast of the Isle of Wight. :?
  5. Isn't the regimental Tweed a Mr Osman's Harris 3 piece. I'll certainly be wearing mine and some ARRSE socks.

6. Tweed; Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

I hope it's a pair of the No 4 socks!

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
    Twitter: @goatbagthedruid

"When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table"
  7. Once again the morale police have put a stop to the drink fest that is 'The Sandown'. Oh well, Swindon dogs it is!
  8. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
    Twitter: @goatbagthedruid

"When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table"
  9. Far too busy yet again, inspection after inspection. Disappointed, was really looking forward to seeing old drunk faces in the bars escecially the RSA, 1st Regiment and 19 Regiment tents. Hopefully our gang will make up for it at the Gunner bar at this years Army v Navy.
  10. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

I wondered why people were giving me strange looks - there was quite a lot of snow though...
  11. Knew a chap once wanted to wear a soft hat before goodwood,not a member of my club, brass button regt as i seem to recall.