TV star Declan Donnelly misses England World Cup goal

P

pp0470

TV star Declan Donnelly was amongst hundreds of football fans in London who missed England's all-important World Cup goal after a power cut.

The outage, which began at 1520 BST, affected thousands of homes in West London, said energy firm EDF.

"We were watching the game in a pub in Kew," Donnelly told the BBC.....
Currently the most read story on the BBC News web site.

Well worth fighting and dying to defend these peoples freedom.... I think I will fix my bayonet now.

What's the problem.

It'll be repeated for the next 40 fuckin years :x

pp0470 said:
TV star Declan Donnelly was amongst hundreds of football fans in London who missed England's all-important World Cup goal after a power cut.

The outage, which began at 1520 BST, affected thousands of homes in West London, said energy firm EDF.

Well worth fighting and dying to defend these peoples freedom.... I think I will fix my bayonet now.
a) It's on the London News section not the whole bloody site.

b) It was a fairly big deal for those in SW London as they had their water cut off for 4 hours as well.

c) The quoted section that you used was a fraction of the article and near the end.

Prat.

pp0470 said:

who is dekkan condom lee and what has she contributed to entertainment?

P

pp0470

Gremlin said:
a) It's on the London News section not the whole bloody site.

b) It was a fairly big deal for those in SW London as they had their water cut off for 4 hours as well.

c) The quoted section that you used was a fraction of the article and near the end.

Prat.
Prat,

a) Listed as the BBC News No.1 'Most popular story now' at time of posting - whether you were in London, Edinburgh, New York or Kabul.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10396861.stm

b) This morning it is listed as no. 5 'Most popular stories now'. Check the link, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10398621.stm, rhs of page towards bottom.

c) The section I quoted was the headline and at the beginning.

edited to add link

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why the hell is this in current affairs?

P

pp0470

B_AND_T said:
I posted it in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' because last night it was the No.1 most read news article on the BBC News web site. Worth a little Analysis I thought.

pp0470 said:

Fix your bayonet to what? Your Vileda supermop? You remind me of the time I drank chipfat straight from the pan, f*cking horrible and hard to digest

Well I really give a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
pp0470 said:
B_AND_T said:
I posted it in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' because last night it was the No.1 most read news article on the BBC News web site. Worth a little Analysis I thought.
It is about as interesting as reading your thread or watching the sea evaporate.

P

pp0470

B_AND_T said:
pp0470 said:
B_AND_T said:
It is about as interesting as reading your thread or watching the sea evaporate.
Not intended to be interesting, rather incredulous.

Just wanted to remind us of the true values and genuine interests of the British people, whilst soldiers are serving in Afghan

P

pp0470

vvaannmmaann said:
You have the temerity to call Gremlin a prat?
Give your head a shake.
Kockbreath.
Kockbreath,

As Gremlin signed his post as 'Prat', I simply had the courtesy to address him as such.

pp. :D

pp0470 said:
B_AND_T said:
pp0470 said:
B_AND_T said:
Not intended to be interesting, rather incredulous.

Just wanted to remind us of the true values and genuine interests of the British people, whilst soldiers are serving in Afghan
How do you gauge the 'genuine interest' of British people by a newspaper article? Ive seen 4 of my lot dropped in the last few days but still found time to eat a chinese and pull my helmet off last night, it is now unfortunately 'old news' mate, at present Gods face appearing in a naan bread in Slough would hold as many words in print as a fatality.

P

pp0470

Juan_Ramirez_III said:
How do you gauge the 'genuine interest' of British people by a newspaper article? Ive seen 4 of my lot dropped in the last few days but still found time to eat a chinese and pull my helmet off last night, it is now unfortunately 'old news' mate, at present Gods face appearing in a naan bread in Slough would hold as many words in print as a fatality.
I gauge 'genuine interest' of the UK by looking at the '10 most read stories' on the BBC web site.

I had been reading with great sadness of Royal Marine L/Cpl Michael Taylor been shot dead on Tuesday in a gun battle with insurgents in southern Afghanistan.

Maybe people were just looking at the 'Ant & Dec not watching telly' story as light relief, but to see that story as the no. 1 most read, whilst the name release of L/Cpl Michael Taylor did not even making the top 10 most read was a social comment in its self I felt.

I dont agree, the words 'Afghanistan', 'troops', 'injured' and 'killed' are common place, Id click a link to a cat that plays a cello with its feet whilst reciting Sartre but once a couple more learn how to do it I'm f*cking bored sh*tless.

P

pp0470

Juan_Ramirez_III said:
I dont agree, the words 'Afghanistan', 'troops', 'injured' and 'killed' are common place, Id click a link to a cat that plays a cello with its feet whilst reciting Sartre but once a couple more learn how to do it I'm f*cking bored sh*tless.
I guess I must just be a bit sensative to it. If I see a story with the words 'Afghanistan', 'troops', 'injured' and 'killed' then I will read it above most other stories, read that persons name and take a moment of my time to mentally pay my respects.

Then I see mates, family, etc too busy watching big brother or whatever to pass the time of day, never mind show or pay any respect, and think 'wtf'.... ?