TV Now - the Relief of Belsen

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Goatman, Oct 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

not nice....but needs to be seen.

This place was not on the Polish border or deep in a forest: it's about an hour by road North of Hanover.

make time.

2. which channel?

3. Horrific

4. watching online, the set looks like where they filmed 'bad lads army'

5. Its an horrific place even to this day.

6. Its Hannover ....and why does it need to be seen , its done

7. Because if we don't see it, feel it know about it, it may happen again. It has happened again and again and again and we have to work hard to stop it happening.

8. Its just down the road from Hohne camp just off the range road.

Try visiting on a cold January morning very eerie, no bird calls and if you close your eyes for a min or two you could be back in 1945 with the noise from the ranges.

Edited for being a d1ck.

9. But my friend everbody does know about it, it goes on all over the world even in present times why is it always covering what Germany did 60 plus years ago...
    we dont see any of the other atrocities televised continuously...it was wrong its done ......

10. Where did you get this info....its called Bergen Belsen...Bergen Hohne is the camp, and the birds do sing......

11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Presumably you apply your bizarre logic to other historically significant events? Hiroshima? Passchendaele? Falklands? 9/11?

They happened too. Shall we ignore those as well? Silly little man.

12. everybody knows about it?
    I've been to Bergen Belen/Hohne a while ago, went round the displays, bought the book and read it. I've today I have learnt more about this particular site from this TV programme.
    If you were to watch it you'd see how its concentrating on the relief effort and the problems faced by the Medical Services, not just another 'ohh look the Germans are terrible people because of something done 60 years ago'

13. Get your facts correct..
    I have not said ignore any of the events, what im saying its always about Hitler, Nazis and Germans , the other events i,ll call them dont get mentioned with the same regularity...how often do the other events get mentioned !!!!!!!!!!!

14. The holocaust is not about German guilt, it's about collective guilt. That's why it's remembered.

Beebs