TV Now - the Relief of Belsen

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
not nice....but needs to be seen.

This place was not on the Polish border or deep in a forest: it's about an hour by road North of Hanover.

make time.

which channel?

watching online, the set looks like where they filmed 'bad lads army'

Goatman said:
This place was not on the Polish border or deep in a forest: it's about an hour by road North of Hanover.
make time.
Its Hannover ....and why does it need to be seen , its done

Because if we don't see it, feel it know about it, it may happen again. It has happened again and again and again and we have to work hard to stop it happening.

Goatman said:

make time.
Its just down the road from Hohne camp just off the range road.

Try visiting on a cold January morning very eerie, no bird calls and if you close your eyes for a min or two you could be back in 1945 with the noise from the ranges.

Edited for being a d1ck.

mushroom said:
Because if we don't see it, feel it know about it, it may happen again. It has happened again and again and again and we have to work hard to stop it happening.
But my friend everbody does know about it, it goes on all over the world even in present times why is it always covering what Germany did 60 plus years ago...
we dont see any of the other atrocities televised continuously...it was wrong its done ......

Blazing_spanners said:
Goatman said:

make time.
Its just down the road from Hohne camp just off the range road.

The place changed its name from Bergen Belsen to Bergen Hohne for obvious reasons. Try visiting on a cold January morning very eerie, no bird calls and if you close your eyes for a min or two you could be back in 1945 with the noise from the ranges.
Where did you get this info....its called Bergen Belsen...Bergen Hohne is the camp, and the birds do sing......

Presumably you apply your bizarre logic to other historically significant events? Hiroshima? Passchendaele? Falklands? 9/11?

They happened too. Shall we ignore those as well? Silly little man.

everybody knows about it?
I've been to Bergen Belen/Hohne a while ago, went round the displays, bought the book and read it. I've today I have learnt more about this particular site from this TV programme.
If you were to watch it you'd see how its concentrating on the relief effort and the problems faced by the Medical Services, not just another 'ohh look the Germans are terrible people because of something done 60 years ago'

Forastero said:
Presumably you apply your bizarre logic to other historically significant events? Hiroshima? Passchendaele? Falklands? 9/11?

Get your facts correct..
I have not said ignore any of the events, what im saying its always about Hitler, Nazis and Germans , the other events i,ll call them dont get mentioned with the same regularity...how often do the other events get mentioned !!!!!!!!!!!

Zeitgeist said:
Forastero said:

Get your facts correct..
I have not said ignore any of the events, what im saying its always about Hitler, Nazis and Germans , the other events i,ll call them dont get mentioned with the same regularity...how often do the other events get mentioned !!!!!!!!!!!
Bore off you stupid little boy. You're talking out of your hoop and making yourself look very stupid.

Forastero said:
Zeitgeist said:
Forastero said:

Get your facts correct..
Bore off you stupid little boy. You're talking out of your hoop and making yourself look very stupid.

And how do you work that out...do I sense you stand corrected , stupid lttle boy..im gonna tel my ma.... :x :x

theoriginalphantom said:
If you were to watch it you'd see how its concentrating on the relief effort and the problems faced by the Medical Services, not just another 'ohh look the Germans are terrible people because of something done 60 years ago'
Yes, but that would require him to actually watch it, rather than issue bone pronouncements about how "it's done." Well, yes, it's an event in the past -- that's what fcuking history consists of. :roll:

This really does seem to be a unique view of the helplessness and rage the British meds were going through trying to do something -- anything to stop the dying.

Been there on a rain swept day, visited the displays etc then took a walk around and thought about what i had seen in the displays.

It's the eeriest place i have ever been to, creepy as fook. Like has been said before no bird song, nothing.

Granted, it's the only concentration camp site I have visited but it is still to me a vivid reminder of mans inhumanity to man.

TankiesYank said:
theoriginalphantom said:
Yes, but that would require him to actually watch it, rather than issue bone pronouncements about how "it's done." Well, yes, it's an event in the past -- that's what fcuking history consists of. :roll:

This really does seem to be a unique view of the helplessness and rage the British meds were going through trying to do something -- anything to stop the dying.
I think I was too subtle for him with that sentence, but that was the point I was trying to make, thank you for making it clearer for the moob.