TV Licences

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by error_unknown, May 9, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How come someone in authority has decided to "lie back and think of england" and let civvies shaft us when it comes to paying for mess entertainments.  Namely TV licences and Sky subsciptions.  On the one hand we are treated as individuals when it comes to TV licences, while on the other Sky treats us as a Hotel and therefore charges a higher rate.  Please can someone sort it out.  We are either individuals or a Hotel.  Either the TV licence or the Sky thing is bollocks.

2. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Quite agree.

It looked like they had finally sorted everything out about 18 months ago when a letter came out from the ALS giving the good news. However the news was too good to be true as usual and just a few months later another letter came out rescinding the first and also seeming to threaten impending legal action against anyone foolish enough to have taken the ALS' advice.

The rules should be as per hotels- one licence for every five sets. :-/

3. What gets me is when people have to move regiments and cancel their sky subscription,especially if theyve had it under the year contract.I mean whats the person supposed to do??,surely it should be dealt with by the qm's?.Also what if a person has to move rooms??,what happens to their subscription then?? ???

4. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

|F-Cs post was about moi. Nothing that is the answer at the moment.  However i was billed for Sky as an individual not as hotel as i have it in a single room.  Further reports ref the situ in the block will be posted here. :(