TV host self suffocating

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Raven2008, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Breaking News

Calls For Sony To Be Sued After PS3 Crash
    TV host's 'sex game' death probed

41 mins ago
    Press Assoc.

Buzz Up!
    * Print Story

Police are investigating whether BBC daytime television host Kristian Digby died when a solo sex game went tragically wrong. Skip related content
    Related photos / videos
    TV host's 'sex game' death probed Enlarge photo
    Related content

* Daytime TV Host Found Dead In 'Dream Home'
    * Knife murders minimum term raised
    * Former Bosnian leader Ganic arrested in London
    * Related Hot Topic: Crime

Have your say: Crime

Officers said they are officially treating the circumstances of the To Buy Or Not To Buy presenter's death as "unexplained".

But it is understood a post-mortem examination is expected to find he suffocated while deliberately starving himself of oxygen.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation is said to heighten sexual arousal and participants can employ masks, ligatures or even plastic bags to achieve the desired effect.

Despite being condemned by police and medical experts, the extremely dangerous practice continues to claim lives. Kill Bill film star David Carradine and INXS singer Michael Hutchence died in similar circumstances, although questions remain over their final moments.

Digby was pronounced dead at his home in Richford Road, Newham, east London, after an ambulance crew was called shortly before 8am on Monday. A post-mortem examination is taking place to establish the cause of death.

The 32-year-old property expert worked on a string of shows including Double Agents, Living In The Sun, House Swap and Buy It, Sell It, Bank It.

Digby presented the BBC's Holiday Show and was the series director on The Million Pound Property Experiment for BBC2. He also directed films and television programmes. He won a junior Bafta in 1997 for his short film Words Of Deception and directed programmes such as Home Front, Fantasy Rooms, She's Gotta Have It, Girls On Top and The Ozone.

Colleagues and friends reacted with shock, saying Digby was a "lovely guy" who brought a "real sense of energy and warmth to all the shows he presented". Digby's agent and friend Jo Wander said: "I am devastated by the loss. He was a lovely guy and a very talented presenter and director. I will miss him hugely and my thoughts at this time are with his family and his many friends. He will be sorely missed."

A BBC spokesman said: "Kristian was a much-loved and talented presenter for BBC Daytime. He brought a real sense of energy and warmth to all the shows he presented for us and will be sorely missed. Our thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time."

Gotta admit, its a "Deal or No Deal" situ :) :policecap: :police:
  2. My favourite quote was "TV host's 'sex game' death probed Enlarge photo" :D
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Do you have any links to this breaking news? I wish to post it on my Blog. Thanks in advance.
  4. Can any body tell me how the funk you can get sexual pleasure out of solo strangulation :?
  5. Ah the posh wnak claims another victim......Michael Hutchence & Stephen Milligan MP would have been proud :D
  6. Step into my closet.
  7. :D
  8. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Quite simply, the act of cutting off the blood flow to the brain during the vinegar strokes heightens the state of euphoria at the point of release due to the increased pressure of the blood flow in that region and the act of asphyxiation itself rendering the practitioner potentially semi - conscious. Heightened ecstacy I am told.

And if anyone dies tonight by donning their S-10, removing the cannister and placing a flannel/wet chamois leather over the filter whilst tugging off...

...make sure you put me in your will first :)
  9. lol ffs :)
  10. Ah well I can think of worse ways to go out!
    Out like light
    Out with a bang
    Checked out
    over and out
    Out with a tommy tank! good drills
    and some one else gets to clean up