TV from my childhood :-)

I always wondered how crap US cavalry sabres were that you could hold them by the edge and break them over your knee.... Or was there a special issue Sword - Blunt - Brittle, Officer debasement, for the use of...
Hollywood eh?

sunny james

Old-Salt
'The Top Secret Life Of Edgar Briggs' was the first time I saw David Jason take the lead. A so-so kids comedy.
'Do not adjust your set' also featured Jason along with most of the pre-Monty Python cast sans Cleese. The Bonzo Dog Do-Dah Band provided sketches and music. Top stuff.

'The Top Secret Life Of Edgar Briggs' was the first time I saw David Jason take the lead. A so-so kids comedy.
'Do not adjust your set' also featured Jason along with most of the pre-Monty Python cast sans Cleese. The Bonzo Dog Do-Dah Band provided sketches and music. Top stuff.
Well remembered, early days for DJ and according to his biography he's blocked repeats. He was holding a gun in the opening credits. Probably learned his pratfall routine - in the Wine Bar with Trig - from playing Edgar Briggs.

Came across this by chance today .... may bring back to those of a certain age fond memories of a time of innocence and simplicity ...

.... if this linky has been posted before I may have forgotten about it ... I am of that certain age

Came across this by chance today .... may bring back to those of a certain age fond memories of a time of innocence and simplicity ...

.... if this linky has been posted before I may have forgotten about it ... I am of that certain age
So that's what HMQ did before she got the monarchy gig.

I remember that there used to be some very trippy and quite scary puppet shows and the like that came from places like Czechoslovakia. Back in the old Cold War days, the BBC and ITV probably picked them up for buttons.

This old Metz schnapps will give you an idea of how they looked.

So that's what HMQ did before she got the monarchy gig.

I remember that there used to be some very trippy and quite scary puppet shows and the like that came from places like Czechoslovakia. Back in the old Cold War days, the BBC and ITV probably picked them up for buttons.

This old Metz schnapps will give you an idea of how they looked.

There are definitely some similarities in looks , voice and manner .

Latest Threads