TV from my childhood :-)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you grew up in the 60's, as I did, you would have seen a LOT of TV programmes that emanated from America.

( Wagontrain, Gunsmoke, Bewitched, Get Smart, Alias Smith & Jones - too many to count)

This was one of my favourites, and probably formed in me a kindlier view of Yanks than the current reality. Anyway, a bit of childhood nostalgia:

Don't ever change Ellie-Mae !

Last edited:
Champion the Wonder Horse, Flash Gordon, Space 1999, Batman & Robin … But UK Based ones

Mr Ben, The Herbs, Pipkins, The Flumps, Ivor the Engine, Bagpus, The Clangers, Noggin the Nog, Pugwash, Wilo the Wisp you know the really educational stuff.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
High Chaparral :D

Crikey, going down that route.. Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Bonanza, The Virginian. Personally the Abbot and Costello films , mixed in with Norman Wisdom and Will Hay were always good for a cold wet Winter.

As we were in Versailles at the weekend I mentioned The Flashing Blade to 0A - she hadn’t a scooby doo about it. Who else recalls that staple of Saturday morning & summer holiday telly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As we were in Versailles at the weekend I mentioned The Flashing Blade to 0A - she hadn’t a scooby doo about it. Who else recalls that staple of Saturday morning & summer holiday telly?

The Banana Spilts with the 3 Musketeers and the Arabian Nights

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news.

Yup...still purty as a picture :)

( Rest in peace Donna Douglas - 2015)

[Imagine how it is to have your 20 year old self frozen in time...forever....no wonder they all turn to booze]

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
too slow trigs

armchair_ninja

Old-Salt

The Flashing Blade - remember it well. Loved the theme tune...

Richard Greene as Robin Hood and that William Tell chappie Robert Conrad? Liked Guy Williams Zorro.

Have Gun will Travel, Wells Fargo, and a young Clint as Rowdy Yates in Rawhide. Jay Silverheels as Tonto with some white bloke,Lone Ranger :)
Range Rider ( Jock Mahoney ) & Dick West. Jock must have been the skinniest bloke ever to play Tarzan.

Who could forget 'Bronco Lane' , even Them named an Everest climber after him.

Edit - to add ' Boots & Saddles' life with the 7th. Cav.

Telly was so shite when I was growing up all we had to look forward to was the BBC Trade Test Transmission in the 60's 70's. I knew the words off by heart.

Latest Threads