TV coverage of Somme Coy, LONDONS in Afghanistan

"London Tonight Tonight Weds 6th June

Simon, who'd have been there like a shot, instead has his latest bulletin from our Brave Lads in Afghantistan: one Terry nearly reduced us to tears with what he had to say: you, too, will be moved...."

--------- should be on ITV London from 1800

I have fond memories of a Standard 2 sigs cadre that the Londons ran - it was a mix of Borg and Heavy and was a huge success. All the PSI instructors were RWRR (ex Queens) and could not be surpassed in skill, knowledge and expertise - shame the Borg took top 4 spots, 6th, 8th & 9th out of twenty. :lol:

RGSM - I suspect you're not old enough to remember the 4RGJ Sigs Pl (forgive me if you are), but it was always a well switched on bunch - the genes are obviously still there.

The_Duke

LE
HOLLOS you must be the Terminator incarnate. So far you have slagged off 3 Cdo Bde and the Londons. I would be interested to see what 3 Cdo Bde thought about their FP Coy.

I doubt that their opinion of you could ever be as high as yours is.

OnTheBus said:
Hey, H, have you just been to Afghanistan?
YEAh u could say that as u were there last time u should have come this time, we worked with Q he is in the vet core now as a dog handler still a tom though. DUKE im not slating the london reg but u would think that they would all be trained on all weapon systems before they got to theater it came as a bit of a shock that's all

Nevermind H.
I heard you had the worlds greatest Section Commander, (Provided he never left camp, and wasn't allowed to be in charge of anything, like, say, a map for instance!).

London's - have a great tour, stand proud, and come home safe.

HOllOS said:
DUKE im not slating the london reg but u would think that they would all be trained on all weapon systems before they got to theater it came as a bit of a shock that's all
If you had any idea of the issues of getting access to kit during PDT, you wouldn't make such a statement. It wasn't for want of trying by the LONDONS, I can assure you.

The video doesn't seem to be working but the sound is fine, any other links?

Interested to see this - I've friends out there with the Londons

nitv9 said:
If you had any idea of the issues of getting access to kit during PDT, you wouldn't make such a statement. It wasn't for want of trying by the LONDONS, I can assure you.
I can relate to that. The first time most of our blokes touched either UGL or LMG on Telic 4 was after we arrived in theatre. And once there, we had to beg, borrow or steal to get even one of each per multiple!

eSet - all of the pieces should be on-line next week and the URL will be published. Before anyone asks, yes, it has been cleared with ITV.

Latest Threads