TV coverage of Somme Coy, LONDONS in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by nitv9, Jun 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of you in the London area, SOMME Coy should have coverage on ITV London Tonight at 1800 this evening (Wed 6 June) and tomorrow evening (Thu 7 June).

Last night's footage of the guys patrolling Gereskh is currently available on the ITV website.

Then hit "Latest News" and select the "TA in Afghanistan" clip.
  2. can't access the vid as I am outside the UK
  3. For those outside the UK, I'm sure it will make its way onto Youtube or similar at some point
  4. Excellent footage and encouraging to see TA soldiers being utilised for something more than "just" guard duty.
  5. "London Tonight Tonight Weds 6th June

Simon, who'd have been there like a shot, instead has his latest bulletin from our Brave Lads in Afghantistan: one Terry nearly reduced us to tears with what he had to say: you, too, will be moved...."

--------- should be on ITV London from 1800
  6. Top advert for the Londons and the TA.
  7. Thanks BB - at least there's one Borg who knows us enough to love us!

8. I have fond memories of a Standard 2 sigs cadre that the Londons ran - it was a mix of Borg and Heavy and was a huge success. All the PSI instructors were RWRR (ex Queens) and could not be surpassed in skill, knowledge and expertise - shame the Borg took top 4 spots, 6th, 8th & 9th out of twenty. :lol:
  9. RGSM - I suspect you're not old enough to remember the 4RGJ Sigs Pl (forgive me if you are), but it was always a well switched on bunch - the genes are obviously still there.
  10. I am definately old enough to remember them - it was a mix of 4 & 5 RGJ on that course - a few were Sigs Plt from 4.
  11. GOOD LUCK to them
  12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

HOLLOS you must be the Terminator incarnate. So far you have slagged off 3 Cdo Bde and the Londons. I would be interested to see what 3 Cdo Bde thought about their FP Coy.

I doubt that their opinion of you could ever be as high as yours is.
  13. Hey, H, have you just been to Afghanistan?
  14. YEAh u could say that as u were there last time u should have come this time, we worked with Q he is in the vet core now as a dog handler still a tom though. DUKE im not slating the london reg but u would think that they would all be trained on all weapon systems before they got to theater it came as a bit of a shock that's all