TV Comedy.

I'm sat here doing me nut trying to remember the name of a TV Comedy. It was set on a farm on the Irish border, one half of the living room was in the Republic, and the other half was in Northern Ireland, oh, and they had got a deserter living in the barn. Help please.

Arrghhh, you've started something now;

I can vaguely recall a commedy, it would have been shown in the 70s or 80s. It was set in a confectionary factory and the initial premise was that the sales were heading southwards big time until a worker fell into one of the vats and ended up being made into chocolates. Result: sales take off and the middle management can't tell the bosses why, or know what to do to sustain the sales.
It's really bugging me now as nobody I run it past can remember it all !

That was "Soylent Green"
Just looked that one up, and it wasn't it. It probably was the inspiration for the one I'm thinking about. It was definitely a comedy, a series, set in a confectionary factory, and british produced.

Thanks anyway

What- thats it? No bottle of scotch?
?

Scotch? Scotch? I'm a poor pensioner mate, all I've got for me tea is roast lamb shoulder, mash, cabbage, carrots and onion gravy. Times are hard you know.

Arrghhh, you've started something now;

I can vaguely recall a commedy, it would have been shown in the 70s or 80s. It was set in a confectionary factory and the initial premise was that the sales were heading southwards big time until a worker fell into one of the vats and ended up being made into chocolates. Result: sales take off and the middle management can't tell the bosses why, or know what to do to sustain the sales.
It's really bugging me now as nobody I run it past can remember it all !
I remember that. Now I am off on a google hunt to find out what it was called.

I maybe gone some time.

FFS - waaaaay too late to the party...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 3
woopert Current Affairs, News and Analysis 12
Capt_Aubergine ARRSE: Site Issues 6