Tv adverts that make you want to smash your TV

The adverts that hack me off is send £2, etc to provide food to a 3rd world country to feed the population (the same 3rd world country that spends the countries fortune on military equipment, expensive cars, solid gold bath taps etc for the President). Normally advertised at meal times as you are tucking into your steak & chips etc.

This advert is closely followed by another asking for donations of £2, etc to saving a donkey or dog in the same 3rd world area.

Why not combine both charities then for your £2, etc you could feed the aged unwanted donkeys & dogs to the starving 3rd world population.

Two problems solved for half the price.

The adverts that hack me off is send £2, etc to provide food to a 3rd world country to feed the population (the same 3rd world country that spends the countries fortune on military equipment, expensive cars, solid gold bath taps etc for the President). Normally advertised at meal times as you are tucking into your steak & chips etc.

This advert is closely followed by another asking for donations of £2, etc to saving a donkey or dog in the same 3rd world area.

Why not combine both charities then for your £2, etc you could feed the aged unwanted donkeys & dogs to the starving 3rd world population.

What grips my s*** is that if you send a donation to one they share the info with others and you get more requests . That is why I just ignore them

Every time I switch on to watch the footy its a fekin wummin presenting or interviewing. Does no station at all have any male footy presenters anymore. Stupid bints constantly ask bone questions.

What grips my s*** is that if you send a donation to one they share the info with others and you get more requests . That is why I just ignore them
Exactly! First thing they do is phone & say,'well, how abut making it a fiver? You drink takeaway coffee don't you?' '£5 good, but for just another coffee & a croissant you can spare that? I'll put you down for £10...'

Interestingly the cats protection league *start* at £10

Billy Connolly did something similar in a three way regarding eating prisoners to solve hunger and free up room in overcrowded prisons, then letting homeless people live in the now empty cells and letting them eat incoming prisoners

Last edited:
Billy Connolly did something similar in a three way regarding eating prisoners to solve hunger and free up room in overcrowded prisons, then letting homeless people live in the now empty cells and letting them eat incoming prisoners
Jonathan Swift walt

Every time I switch on to watch the footy its a fekin wummin presenting or interviewing. Does no station at all have any male footy presenters anymore. Stupid bints constantly ask bone questions.

I must admit to sharing that sentiment. Yet, on the other hand, watching the male pros interject with "Arsenal need to stick the ball in the back of the net" forces me to turn to Mrs K and exclaim...."feck me, that's a brilliant feckin idea - who'd have thought....give that man a feckin pay rise."

Niamac

GCM
The thing not to do is send the requested text message to your favourite charity or you will be bombarded with text messages on your 'phone until the end of days (might not be too long).

Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 14.09.39.png

The thing not to do is send the requested text message to your favourite charity or you will be bombarded with text messages on your 'phone until the end of days (might not be too long).
I had to phone the Animal Rescue Charity recently concerning some swans in distress.

Advised to contact a local Unpaid Wildlife Volunteer Charity as they 'The Animal Rescue Charity' would not be responding.

A few weeks later the same 'UNHELPFUL' Animal Rescue Charity PAID Fundraises are on the phone requesting a monthly donation. (Used my details from previous phone call concerning the swans).

When I brought to thier attention that they were fobbing people off and telling them to go to other Volunteer Based Charities that are rescuing animals without receiving a substantial wage.

That they themselves were operating from a posh HQ, with a MD being driven in an expensive car and other similar perks & becoming political motivate, then they did not really need my money and if they cut back on the excesses then they would have more money for the so called job in hand.

I advised them I would be making a donation to the Unpaid Wildlife Volunteer's to offset some of thier 'REAL' cost.

Not been contacted since.

Mind you the mention of the Breach of the DATA Protection Act etc etc may have concentrated minds.

I had to phone the Animal Rescue Charity recently concerning some swans in distress.

Advised to contact a local Unpaid Wildlife Volunteer Charity as they 'The Animal Rescue Charity' would not be responding.

A few weeks later the same 'UNHELPFUL' Animal Rescue Charity PAID Fundraises are on the phone requesting a monthly donation. (Used my details from previous phone call concerning the swans).

When I brought to thier attention that they were fobbing people off and telling them to go to other Volunteer Based Charities that are rescuing animals without receiving a substantial wage.

That they themselves were operating from a posh HQ, with a MD being driven in an expensive car and other similar perks & becoming political motivate, then they did not really need my money and if they cut back on the excesses then they would have more money for the so called job in hand.

I advised them I would be making a donation to the Unpaid Wildlife Volunteer's to offset some of thier 'REAL' cost.

Not been contacted since.

Mind you the mention of the Breach of the DATA Protection Act etc etc may have concentrated minds.
I almost ran over a panicked kangaroo one night in my home town a few years back. It's the only one I've ever seen in the middle of town.

I called up WIRES to ask them to come and help it out. The lady on the phone said she wouldn't bother as it would probably get hit by a car before too long. I managed to herd it with my car to a nearby park for the night.

Same when I had a goanna in a tree in the front yard. WIRES didn't bother coming out then either.

Instead, I call the local wildlife park for any problems involving native animals. Every time, they have always showed up.

Last edited:

Issi

LE
There’s a recent burger advert and it’s abundantly clear that the actress is holding the ‘food’ about six inches in front of her face, and Is pretending to bite it.
She makes a ridiculous chewing face that even a trainee mime artist would be embarrassed by.
It bothers me a lot more than it really should

Latest Threads