Tv adverts that make you want to smash your TV

Biggish

Old-Salt
Yeah

Got told by a mate to lump on to a horse called ‘Welsby’ in the 13:20 at Chepstow.

I didn’t.

My instinct told me to hop on ‘Softkore’ at about 10-1.

Softkore is still running now, 13 hours later and Welsby finished 2nd.

Welsby was 125-1

Attachments

• 0EB68DFC-3A39-4F33-B700-F0C62712E50A.png
    0EB68DFC-3A39-4F33-B700-F0C62712E50A.png
    670.4 KB · Views: 23
Yeah

Got told by a mate to lump on to a horse called ‘Welsby’ in the 13:20 at Chepstow.

I didn’t.

My instinct told me to hop on ‘Softkore’ at about 10-1.

Softkore is still running now, 13 hours later and Welsby finished 2nd.

Welsby was 125-1
I used to work with a bloke who was friends with a rather famous Australian bookmaker. Every now and then he'd slip me a horse name that always won its next race at big odds. Never bet big though.

If there is box to be ticked, advertising agencies will fall over themselves to oblige. They are merely reflecting the corporations that they represent.

As we know, there is only one thing more disingenuous than a rich and pampered rock star going full woke and that is an acquisitive corporation. They know nothing at all about the woke issues that they portray and they care even less. Their motivation has always been the bottom line.

If they can increase their market share by appealing to all kinds of minority groups (and their active or sedentary supporters) without actually alienating their existing market to the extent of making them walk away, then that's what they will do

Other than that, they really could not give a fûck about any of it.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
I am a prisoner on a ferry just now and GMTV is on. Boak - Huey.

Quo_vadis

Old-Salt
Betting site ads, almost all of which depict gambling as a fun activity, where everyone plays together and shares the thrills. Even the odd sports celeb can be seen casually partaking down the pub. Then again, they probably wouldn’t get very far showing the reality, that online gambling is mostly a solitary and rather embarrassing activity, that usually ends in huge disappointment.

Betting site ads, almost all of which depict gambling sex in marriage as a fun activity, where everyone plays together and shares the thrills. Even the odd sports celeb can be seen casually partaking down the pub. Then again, they probably wouldn’t get very far showing the reality, that online gambling sex in marriage is mostly a solitary and rather embarrassing activity, that usually ends in huge disappointment.
Slight amendment.

Biggish

Old-Salt
Betting site ads, almost all of which depict gambling as a fun activity, where everyone plays together and shares the thrills. Even the odd sports celeb can be seen casually partaking down the pub. Then again, they probably wouldn’t get very far showing the reality, that online gambling is mostly a solitary and rather embarrassing activity, that usually ends in huge disappointment.
Like online dating then?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
GMTV are currently discussing the Budget and lead with “Rishi wearing sliders with socks. We’ll worth analysis.

It's equality.
Various female politicians' shoes were often discussed more frequently than their policies

O Zangado

War Hero
I am nearer 70 than 60. WTF are sliders and why should one never wear socks with them? I should not wish to make a fashion faux pas

*sob*

OZ

PS. And, while we're at it, what is "mocca" when it's at home?

Sounds like my sex life

TamH70

MIA
Strewth, mate, THONGS. Why didn't somebody say so?

OZ

Oh, you mean Faux-Crocs? I was wondering what people were going on about.

Latest Threads