Tv adverts that make you want to smash your TV

Blogg

LE
A few years ago, the Liverpool accent was regarded as the least trustworthy and unintelligent accent in the UK. It is now in second place behind those from Birmingham.

Liverpool accent is perceived as the most ‘unintelligent’ accent

The top five ‘unintelligent’ accents, as voted by survey respondents, were:

• Liverpool (37% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)
  • Birmingham (33% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)
  • Cockney (32% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)
  • Newcastle (26% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)
  • Manchester (22% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)

Shortly after starting current job sent to a 2 day offsite to sniff the air and take in the bullshit presentations.

All of the above heavily represented with exception of Cockneys because Lundahn is too expensive to have big centres in.

Some really strong accents, but in our world nobody gives a toss, although got say being on a call with people in SE Asia and Gateshead can give rise to some high comedy.

Liverpool accent is perceived as the most ‘unintelligent’ accent

The top five ‘unintelligent’ accents, as voted by survey respondents, were:

• Liverpool (37% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)
  • Birmingham (33% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)
  • Cockney (32% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)
  • Newcastle (26% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)
  • Manchester (22% of votes as ‘unintelligent’)

Shortly after starting current job sent to a 2 day offsite to sniff the air and take in the bullshit presentations.

All of the above heavily represented with exception of Cockneys because Lundahn is too expensive to have big centres in.

Some really strong accents, but in our world nobody gives a toss, although got say being on a call with people in SE Asia and Gateshead can give rise to some high comedy.
That story dates from 2017. My highly accurate and extensively researched study came from 2020.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Back to the plot of this thread...

The advert where the retard parents run out of nappies.

TamH70

MIA
Back to the plot of this thread...

The advert where the retard parents run out of nappies.
The one where both parents are the same race for once? For that reason, and that reason alone, l kind of find the advert rather charming, despite the obvious stupidity of its premise.

The advert with all the singing Mlaars. Makes me want to smash my dog and kids with a roll of tightly bound lino

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
These burglar alarm adverts. VerIsure not so much annoying but a lot funnier than most modern comedies.

“Hi, I’m Jack from Verisure,” Fecking big pause as it registers that the twat in uniform is in fact the engineer come to fit an alarm system that will probably be useless and cost more than an actual burglary.
“Oh thank feck, our neighbours have just been screwed and I don’t want the feckers coming round here nicking my telly”
”No worries, I’ll have a butchers at the weak spots and come back later”

Some of the above scripts has been changed but not the shit acting.

So was her telly gone when the engineer had scoped out the weak spots? I'll bet he didn't come back later either. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

These burglar alarm adverts. VerIsure not so much annoying but a lot funnier than most modern comedies.

“Hi, I’m Jack from Verisure,” Fecking big pause as it registers that the twat in uniform is in fact the engineer come to fit an alarm system that will probably be useless and cost more than an actual burglary.
“Oh thank feck, our neighbours have just been screwed and I don’t want the feckers coming round here nicking my telly”

I don't want to stereotype but do you really need to use a Scouser to advertise your burglar alarm?

Change his opening line for "I'm here for the threesome" and note the look of delight on her face.
Yes I'm bored.

I get the impression that both of them would be happy if the wife buggered off, so they could probe each other's weak spots.

Anyway, who'd buy a system off 'Verisure', I'd want them to be 'Totally-Fcuking-Sure'.

Just caught a Fitbit watch commercial on TV.

For some reason, they thought that an ad for a fitness tracking watch had to be inclusive, showing people 'with different abilities'.

So among the shots of people out running, playing basketball, etc, they show a guy in a wheelchair put on the watch, put on a hat and wheel himself down a fashion catwalk with people taking photos of him.

WTF a fashion show is considered a reason for disabled people owning a fitness tracking watch is beyond me.

Last edited:
Daytime tv fodder. They prey on the elderly or weak of mind.
Same with funeral plans, health insurance etc.
Watched 'Bling' for the first......and last time today. Ms. Gok Wan introduced the days clients.....First one brought her broken 'Jade' bracelet in for repair. As soon as she said she bought it in Hong Kong I said to Mrs Kinch "bet it is plastic". Close, it turned out to be Glass! Next client was a 'girl' with a five o'clock shadow, long fingers, deep voice and fake tits. S/he deliberated over 'her' first piece of personal jewelry before splashing out £25 on a silver ring........ I switched off after I realised Star Trek was real and the Enterprise had found a new planet full of fecking wierdos and deposited them all in the centre of fecking London!!!

Watched 'Bling' for the first......and last time today. Ms. Gok Wan introduced the days clients.....First one brought her broken 'Jade' bracelet in for repair. As soon as she said she bought it in Hong Kong I said to Mrs Kinch "bet it is plastic". Close, it turned out to be Glass! Next client was a 'girl' with a five o'clock shadow, long fingers, deep voice and fake tits. S/he deliberated over 'her' first piece of personal jewelry before splashing out £25 on a silver ring........ I switched off after I realised Star Trek was real and the Enterprise had found a new planet full of fecking wierdos and deposited them all in the centre of fecking London!!!

I’ve never had the pleasure of that one, I’m delighted to report.

Biggish

Old-Salt
I love the adverts where everyone is mixed race.
Or the Lloyds Bank one where there’s an horse accompanied by “We’ve only just begun”
“We’re in this together” is their slogan.
And yet when I apply for an overdraft, it’s “You had a bet on the Grand National in 2001”
That’s not me having sour grapes, they actually mentioned that an online betting account will affect your chances of getting credit. True dit.

Latest Threads