Tv adverts that make you want to smash your TV

And why are the local 'men" not fetching the water and doing the work instead of the women and kids.? We shouldn't mess around with 'patriarchal culture' ? Maybe it's about time we made aid conditional.on young fit bucks getting out of their beds and doing some heavy lifting. Lazy cvnts.
Please, gather up the woke brigade and ship them off to Africa so that they can take a stand against the local men and demand they get off their arses and do some work. They could probably tell the locals how to live in harmony and nature with one another.

That should really end well (for most of us)

Last edited:

Dalef65

Old-Salt
And why are the local 'men" not fetching the water and doing the work instead of the women and kids.? We shouldn't mess around with 'patriarchal culture' ? Maybe it's about time we made aid conditional.on young fit bucks getting out of their beds and doing some heavy lifting. Lazy cvnts.
Hush hush,Those young bucks aren't lazy at all.
They are sat in the shade conserving energy so that when the women come back the bucks can impregnate them and produce yet more children. Don't you know..?!

Theres always a plan. You have to have more (sick and hungry) children to parade for the cameras during the next famine campaign.

Lazy..?Lazy...?!?
This is a full time job, you just don't get it man...!!

There was a programme on the telly a while back about charities in Africa. They showed the brand new hand pump well that the charity money had paid for, so the village could have clean drinking water. The village chief put a massive padlock on the pump and charged everyone to use it.
Villagers kept on getting piss water from the river
There was someone on this site that posted a while back that they (or someone they know) got shipped off to Africa once a year for three years to keep building then rebuilding something for the locals (I think it was a water purification plant or something). Every year they turned up to find the locals had completely stripped it off all parts.

The fourth year, the bloke just said to his company "Fcuk it, let them die!"

There's another one with some African granny doing a 6 hour trek to the nearest water source.
Ever considered moving a bit closer you f*cking mong.
My 18 YO Daughter's (No pictures you sick fecks) comment to this is "Move closer and boil the the water". Mine is why aren't their Governments sorting this instead of buying feck off big armoured Mercedes and feck off luxury houses.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
There was someone on this site that posted a while back that they (or someone they know) got shipped off to Africa once a year for three years to keep building then rebuilding something for the locals (I think it was a water purification plant or something). Every year they turned up to find the locals had completely stripped it off all parts.

David Lammy will be along shortly to tell you that we should be reporting the positives.

This is the reality, though. It’s not all tribal music and courage in the face of diversity adversity. It’s tribalism, ennui and theft too much of the time.

Peter McAleese wrote about his time training black soldiers in South Africa. Everything in their accommodation was bolted down. He noted that that might have seemed harsh but if it wasn’t someone would have had it away.

I’m reminded of the Nigerian Type 22 frigate that sank because someone had the bilge pumps away.

In both cases, you might consider that this was in supposedly disciplined military environments. God knows what the rest of the place is like.

A padlock on a well? I’m probably wacist for not being surprised.

You can’t help those who too often are only interested in personal advantage.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

My ex Brother in Law, fully qualified water engineer who gave up a month a year of his own time, just became disillusioned.

My 18 YO Daughter's (No pictures you sick fecks) comment to this is "Move closer and boil the the water". Mine is why aren't their Governments sorting this instead of buying feck off big armoured Mercedes and feck off luxury houses.
We are not supposed to mention corruption in the developing world. bbc closes down what passes for debate very quickly when someone has the temerity to mention this.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
There's one on Australian TV at the moment that has me baffled.

An old lady is in bed, saying "I've been lost and scared without you" to a photo of her presumed dead husband. There's a large party or something going on outside her room, then someone rattles her door. She sobs quietly and cowers with the blankets around her. The voice over comes on to talk about hundreds of Australians are homeless and that we need to donate now.

I'm still scratching my head as to what is going on. Showing a person inside a room in a proper bed is supposed to depict homelessness?
Perhaps the old cow wandered in off the street and it’s not her fecking house.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
And that’s why I back Boris in cutting overseas aid.
We have been giving billions of our hard earned money to these corrupt countries for far to long.
I don’t give to charities other than my cast offs to the local Red Cross, well it’s either that or bin them and they only collect rubbish every three weeks.

They are sat in the shade conserving energy so that when the women come back the bucks can impregnate them and produce yet more children. Don't you know..?!

Theres always a plan. You have to have more (sick and hungry) children to parade for the cameras during the next famine campaign.

Lazy..?Lazy...?!?

Sounds remarkably like Hackney to me

Lazy..?Lazy...?!?
As I had it explained to me in The Gambia, the women do the working and the men do the thinking.

Awol

LE
Adverts with some supposedly nearly famous actress talking about “little Amira, who tomorrow at aged seven is about to marry her 49 year old uncle” and how lots of my money is going to help her escape this cruel and unnecessary fate.

Never once does it mention that the reason for this is not poverty or drought, but purely and most importantly a particular religion that demands that little girls marry adults.

When they do that, I might donate, but regardless of the horror stories coming from central Africa, I think my money is safe for now.

Charities assume we are either unaware of the facts concerning the origins of the poverty in Africa and the Middle East, or that we are just too plain stupid to look into it. I’ve yet to find a single one that tells the truth and therefore I’ve yet to donate a single penny.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Adverts with some supposedly nearly famous actress talking about “little Amira, who tomorrow at aged seven is about to marry her 49 year old uncle” and how lots of my money is going to help her escape this cruel and unnecessary fate.

Never once does it mention that the reason for this is not poverty or drought, but purely and most importantly a particular religion that demands that little girls marry adults.

When they do that, I might donate, but regardless of the horror stories coming from central Africa, I think my money is safe for now.

Charities assume we are either unaware of the facts concerning the origins of the poverty in Africa and the Middle East, or that we are just too plain stupid to look into it. I’ve yet to find a single one that tells the truth and therefore I’ve yet to donate a single penny.
To us that are aware of the problems, it's total BS, but to little old ladies up and down the country, probably including your very own Aunt Mabel, who aren't as aware, it's a crying shame and something needs to be done

Last edited:
..... And how come the bloke organising the pizzas in that advert only gets sniffy about one person not saying please?
Are you telling everyone reading this thread, that you actually sat and analysed the ad, FFS, get a life, the adds are aired so that you can make a brew, have a dump, feed the cat-dog-rugrats, who in their right mind watches the bloody things. :scratch:

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Are you telling everyone reading this thread, that you actually sat and analysed the ad, FFS, get a life, the adds are aired so that you can make a brew, have a dump, feed the cat-dog-rugrats, who in their right mind watches the bloody things. :scratch:

I already had a brew. Everyone had been fed and I didn't need a poo.

The advert relates to my job, so does one mentioning toast, mcplops, and so on. Clients like it of I can reference their products and adverts in training

There's one on Australian TV at the moment that has me baffled.

An old lady is in bed, saying "I've been lost and scared without you" to a photo of her presumed dead husband. There's a large party or something going on outside her room, then someone rattles her door. She sobs quietly and cowers with the blankets around her. The voice over comes on to talk about hundreds of Australians are homeless and that we need to donate now.

I'm still scratching my head as to what is going on. Showing a person inside a room in a proper bed is supposed to depict homelessness?
Donate or they'll send the urban campers round to harass your widowed mother?

Tell them in person when the next boatload turns up!

Lazy..?Lazy...?!?
Sounds remarkably like Hackney to me
Oi! I live in Hackney and I don't have any sick and hungry children! :cool:

Latest Threads