Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tv adverts that make you want to smash your TV

Karamoja

War Hero
I like those warnings. It means the programme will be pre-woke and therefore watchable.
I watch a fair bit of Talking Pictures but their warnings do grate. I don't like to be told that the views expressed in a particular program are outdated, which therefore means that if I enjoy the program, then my views are outdated!

I watch a fair bit of Talking Pictures but their warnings do grate. I don't like to be told that the views expressed in a particular program are outdated, which therefore means that if I enjoy the program, then my views are outdated!
Do you enjoy them outdated bloke?

Awol

LE
I like Talking Pictures because the language is “outdated”. It doesn’t make me feel outdated at all, in fact it just reinforces my belief that the suddenly woke modern world is the aberration and the views that have prevailed for a millennium are the correct ones.

diehard57

War Hero
I think that TPTV ran foul of OFCOM a few times over outdated racial terms being broadcast. The last straw was when the N word was used in an episode of the old ITV drama series ‘A Family At War’. After that the station was required to issue the warnings ahead of it’s programmes.

I think that TPTV ran foul of OFCOM a few times over outdated racial terms being broadcast. The last straw was when the N word was used in an episode of the old ITV drama series ‘A Family At War’. After that the station was required to issue the warnings ahead of it’s programmes.
Are such warnings required of music channels that play crap and other such genres?
Asking for myself obviously as such garbage wouldn't get house room here!

TamH70

MIA
Are such warnings required of music channels that play crap and other such genres?

I do like some rap music, though the critic's choice of best rap album ever is a bit odd. Suffice to say that two piss-poor disco dance tracks on a gangsta rap album do not a classic make.

Daz

LE
A USB stick, Youtube and a download/MP3 audio converter solves that problem ;)

Awol

LE
EON advert. Join us and get 100% renewable energy and help save the planet.

Quite simply a straightforward lie. Their electricity comes direct from the National Grid (as admitted in the small print at the end), and therefore is probably about 10% renewable. It’s impossible for them to slice and dice it to get the cuddly part.

HCL

LE
The KFC gravy burger add . I've shit better .
looks like a sick dog curling one out after eating a rotten fox.
Who the f eats such utter shit.

They put a dollop of mashed tatties in it, in NZ. Fceking weird. They also put cheese into their sausages and I spat what would have been a perfectly good steak pie halfway across Caroline Bay when I bit into the plastic sh!te they call cheese that they'd polluted the pie with.

Last edited:
Regarding the antecedence of the annoying geezer and his (actually real) family in the Asda Ad's is a guy called "Muz Khan" from Burnley.

Where do I collect my £5
The one time I went to an ASDA was in benighted Widnes with my then Scouse mother-in-law. The advert they were running said 'Mind Your Wallet'. The MIL was not too pleased when I pointed out that her fellow scallies must be operating a pickpocket scheme away from the 'Pool. She is no longer my mother-in-law.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The JustEat advert.
The Muller yoghurt advert.

diehard57

War Hero
Peloton, Peloton and Peloton, BTW did I mention Peloton?

TamH70

MIA
The one time I went to an ASDA was in benighted Widnes with my then Scouse mother-in-law. The advert they were running said 'Mind Your Wallet'. The MIL was not too pleased when I pointed out that her fellow scallies must be operating a pickpocket scheme away from the 'Pool. She is no longer my mother-in-law.
The old slaaag.:-D

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
This one

Buy your own house and fill your own fridge you miserable little ginger ******.

Awol

LE
Peloton, Peloton and Peloton, BTW did I mention Peloton?
Thank fuçk. Someone else too.

I FÛCKING DETEST THOSE ADVERTS.

If you genuinely want to get fit it costs you nothing more than a pair of shorts and a pair of trainers (boots combat high, if you’re also carrying any balls with you) and the mental determination to run up a wet hill for an hour or so. Alone. Without an applauding audience.

If you need to spend several grand to have a pretend person say pretend things to you while you pedal away in front of an iPad you’re .....and how can I put this politely....

a wànker.

Last edited:

Latest Threads