Tut Tut

From the Para & AF website

This is from ARRSE I think this is a GOV run site or at least pulls the moderators strings

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=477253.html#477253

I'll make this very clear.

Absolutely NO discussion is to take place on Arrse with regard to formal or informal general gaggles in the vicintiy of SW1 , concerning Regular or Reserve Forces in 'protest or demonstration' . Even if a serving individual was to obtain formal permission to demonstrate peacefully, I am given to understand he or she will almost certainly be committing an offence under QR's. I can request the specific reference, and have it pm'med to any serving members , Regular and Reserve that need to be acquainted with it.

I would also ask , that Arrse is not to be used for communicating an intent even if it concerns Ex-Forces in an Illegal demonstration.

Thanks

PTP
Government run site? MODS pulled by sinister forces?
Any relevant conspiracy theories to go with this?

ORC - what was the website? Have you got a link? I might organise an illegal e-demonstration there. Ah, no - that would be illegal. Technically.

Edited/Red Inked for clarity or something.

Sorry, my other point was that Mr PTP (of the above quoted email) seems to be a real Grown Up - but reminds me of one of those judges completely at odds with "the here, the now".

ORC I have long been suspisous of the Moderators and yes It would not surprise me to find out that the board is a Government wind up to enable Blurs Though police to track down subversives in the ranks.
john
Cum the 4'O clock knock.

The Govt isn't briight enough to wipe it's own ARRSE never mind set this one up.

The Mods have got a very delicate job. There are people out there whose natural reaction to ARRSE would be to close it down. The mods have the job of keeping everything on the site legal and within the parameters of opsec and persec, and preventing any **** retentives who don't like the site from finding an excuse to close it.

As a fully paid up member of the awkward squad for many years I think that they do a good job. Everytime they do censor anything they are prepared to justify the reasons for doing it.

E

error_unknown

Mushroom wrote:

Everytime they do censor anything they are prepared to justify the reasons for doing it.

As are the Government...

Don't be silly, this sad excuse of a Govt only justify anything when they are caught with either finger in till or snout in the trough - or both.

AGAI 67 covers all reg and TA all of the time. YOu would need to check with ALS about covering personnel as reservists but I was led to believe that it does.

B

Biscuits_AB

OldRedCap said:
From the Para & AF website

This is from ARRSE I think this is a GOV run site or at least pulls the moderators strings

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=477253.html#477253

I'll make this very clear.

Absolutely NO discussion is to take place on Arrse with regard to formal or informal general gaggles in the vicintiy of SW1 , concerning Regular or Reserve Forces in 'protest or demonstration' . Even if a serving individual was to obtain formal permission to demonstrate peacefully, I am given to understand he or she will almost certainly be committing an offence under QR's. I can request the specific reference, and have it pm'med to any serving members , Regular and Reserve that need to be acquainted with it.

I would also ask , that Arrse is not to be used for communicating an intent even if it concerns Ex-Forces in an Illegal demonstration.

Thanks

PTP
Government run site? MODS pulled by sinister forces?
Any relevant conspiracy theories to go with this?
Perhaps the author of that ditty would care to explain?

PTP appears to be one of the more trigger happy mods. The others appear to be quite happy to let this site follow sometimes controversial lines...I think they do a fair job on average.

Northern Monkey said:
PTP appears to be one of the more trigger happy mods. The others appear to be quite happy to let this site follow sometimes controversial lines...I think they do a fair job on average.
1. PtP isn't trigger happy. His forum, Current Affairs, is the one that is the home for serious news and discussion, that's the site policy and the way we (COs and Mods) see it running. He quite simply applies that policy and because of the nature of that forum has to be more rigerous than I need to be here. Other forums are less "serious" (if you want a comparison Current Affairs is the site's "Telegraph/Times" to Int Cell's "Red Top" coverage of news and events) and by definition are moderated to a different standard.

2. DInfoA sees us as a pain in the ARRSE because we aren't "On Message" in the Neu Arbeit way. Neither do the mandarins at the MoD like us, and the Gov't would pull the plug on us if they (legally) could. Why? Because whenever they put out news stories saying "Soldiers love their jobs, aren't overstretched, recruiting is through the roof, and their kit is the best and arrives on time" the guys actually out on ops often respond with the un-spun, un-filtered truth, and that can be highly embarrassing to a Gov't that sh1ts on the armed forces the way a bird sh1ts on your windscreen.

amazing__lobster said:
I thought that. But in the post he is saying he can acquaint reserves with QR's. How can we still be covered under QA's when were no longer recieving a wage?
Talk of 'covering' QAs brings back happy memories. And indeed, some frightening ones too!

Latest Threads