Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

Somehow with Germany, Japan, and South Korea I think one can say the United States taxpayer helped out significantly. One could make the association that they should be very greatful for the benevolence of the Greatest generation. Being war torn shitholes and such.
We had more Marshall Plan money than them. Point is that they all invested heavily in big business, it didn't grow from the bottom up.

Great story if it were true. We pay money as part of a membership fee, single market, customs union. Huge trading partner.
While we were there we engaged in decision making, had a say in what was going on and on big decisions were always welcomed at the top table.

We had opt outs, rebates and could involve ourselves in or out of whatever we saw fit.
We didn’t pay extra when someone needed baling out, nor did we have to join a European army or adapt their currency.

If we chose to lend another country money, we could do so. They paid us back at market rates.

There’s what the Eu cost us. Brexit, the last two years has cost us more
View attachment 377814
Is it as much as that? In a v simplistic method, using the £350million per week compared against UK GDP I got to about 0.8%.

[/QUOTE]
I have some bad news for you.....

London, the money-laundering capital

I'd suggest taking your own advice re opening your eyes and pinning back your lugs.[/QUOTE]

Yers well there’s one argument you have lost. Check out the ml regs especially s.289 of POCA. You do realise that E.U. is as complicit in the failure or should we say the sham of money laundering. You know as well as I that all the markets depend on Laundered money. It’s an open secret, but are you telling me that London should have some special scruple not to defend its interest in this market. You think Luxembourg, or Paris, let alone Berlin would have scruples in the matter. Join the Euro and find out. Never mind the odd hit for financing Terrorism, no one, but no one has any interest in “controlling” laundered money. The banks will continue to ply their farcical controls on little people.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You made the claim - put up or be ridiculed.
Which claim has upset you the most?
Use a diagram or a post number if you can’t bring yourself to repeat it. I understand these are difficult times.

Ridiculed, by you, here in an obscure part of the internet. Please, oh please no. Anything but that............I don’t think I could take the shame.

There’s something seriously wrong with your head. Seek help. Post 1411. Irony is all I seem to do. I should start sticking on smiling faces. :)

Don’t forget the claim. If it’s Brexits a stupid idea, don’t bother. Every passing day seems to reinforce that one.

I’ll give you a heads up, remember the time TM took off to Salzburg last September. Completely misread the mood of the Eu and made a complete fool of herself. Guess what. I bet we’re looking at something similar this coming March Salzburg II.

There’s a claim around March 21/22.

Not my experience.
You might want to ask Germany, Japan and S Korea how they grew their economies. Do you have a link to the specific bidding process you say the EU uses to ban you from bidding for local council work? How do you think any bidding process should work?
All of these regulations are suffocating us then? Can you show me the 100-1000 for last week? Just for a perspective of where I'm coming from
View attachment 378448 .How much UK law comes from the EU?
I have some bad news for you.....

London, the money-laundering capital

I'd suggest taking your own advice re opening your eyes and pinning back your lugs.
"Not your experience" - what sort of response is that to a factual statement regarding the legal basis of these 2 institutions? Maybe you're living too far within your comfort zone? Maybe you've never tried to push back against something that's inherently wrong? Maybe you're just dull?

As for OJEU tendering - take a look at your wheelie bin as an example. Where was it manufactured and by which company? How many plastics re-cyclers are there in your Local Authority who could have tooled up to supply them if they'd been allowed to tender competitively? How many jobs, apprenticeships and cash has your LA sent abroad as a result?

And in case you were too dim to find the current daily paper trail from Brussels - here it is (and this is just the legislation, there's another link for Ntices and Information) - and yes, it applies equally to all member states.

Direct access to the Official Journal - Search results - EUR-Lex

Your money-laundering linky is hardly relevant as it doesn't concern our elected representatives in Westminster. And if it did we could have them tried, convicted and removed from public office. Good luck trying that against an unelected bureaucrat in the EU. Have you ever seen any regulations emanating from Brussels that were in a party manifesto that you voted for?

Now please do stop trying to take the moral high-ground when you clearly don't know how the institution you are supporting works. Your comments are snipped from propaganda, un-researched and fail to stand up to a modicum of scrutiny.

"Not your experience" - what sort of response is that to a factual statement regarding the legal basis of these 2 institutions? Maybe you're living too far within your comfort zone? Maybe you've never tried to push back against something that's inherently wrong? Maybe you're just dull?

As for OJEU tendering - take a look at your wheelie bin as an example. Where was it manufactured and by which company? How many plastics re-cyclers are there in your Local Authority who could have tooled up to supply them if they'd been allowed to tender competitively? How many jobs, apprenticeships and cash has your LA sent abroad as a result?

And in case you were too dim to find the current daily paper trail from Brussels - here it is (and this is just the legislation, there's another link for Ntices and Information) - and yes, it applies equally to all member states.

Direct access to the Official Journal - Search results - EUR-Lex

Your money-laundering linky is hardly relevant as it doesn't concern our elected representatives in Westminster. And if it did we could have them tried, convicted and removed from public office. Good luck trying that against an unelected bureaucrat in the EU. Have you ever seen any regulations emanating from Brussels that were in a party manifesto that you voted for?

Now please do stop trying to take the moral high-ground when you clearly don't know how the institution you are supporting works. Your comments are snipped from propaganda, un-researched and fail to stand up to a modicum of scrutiny.
Nope, what you've done, apart from a bit of mindless button mashing, is rant on without providing sources. I've asked you to provide links, which it appears you're not willing to do.

It appears that you're making an appeal for protectionism, for special treatment outside of the blessed Margret's Single Market.

I know where the Journal is thanks, I'd like to see last weeks 100 - 1,000 though, the link from the BBC, taken from parliament, disagrees with you by a fair margin. It's up to you to evidence your assertions. You appear unwilling or unable to.

It also appears you don't care about corruption, if it's in the UK...

Asking you to prove your assertions isn't taking any moral high ground. What propaganda would I be using? What scrutiny did they fail to stand up to?

Nope, what you've done, apart from a bit of mindless button mashing, is rant on without providing sources. I've asked you to provide links, which it appears you're not willing to do.

It appears that you're making an appeal for protectionism, for special treatment outside of the blessed Margret's Single Market.

I know where the Journal is thanks, I'd like to see last weeks 100 - 1,000 though, the link from the BBC, taken from parliament, disagrees with you by a fair margin. It's up to you to evidence your assertions. You appear unwilling or unable to.

It also appears you don't care about corruption, if it's in the UK...

Asking you to prove your assertions isn't taking any moral high ground. What propaganda would I be using? What scrutiny did they fail to stand up to?
Aww bless, you don't know how to navigate around a simple webpage - how charmingly old fashioned of you! Why don't you look at the link provided (I know it requires a bit of mindless button mashing doesn't it...). For every day of the week there's an "L" and a "C" reference - click on any one and it'll take you to a new page. Then click on "Display all documents..." Last week (11th-15th Feb) there were 228 new documents.... everything from CO2 emissions to the grading of pig carcasses.

And the reason so much of this comes out each week is because EU law tells you what you can do and how you can do it. UK law only tells you what you can't do - for the rest we have the Law of Tort. Go through any of the linkys above and ask yourself where they originate. Is there anything in there that was referenced to a manifesto that you or I voted for at the last EU elections? Categorically not. Then set your mind to the question - where's the democracy?

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
UK likely to delay Brexit, former EU chief Barroso says | Reuters

Jose Manuel Barroso, former EU Commissioner, has decided that the UK will delay leaving the EU because the EU 'needs more preparations'. His point appears to be that the UK will be willing to delay leaving in order to allow the EU to sort themselves out, which is an interesting viewpoint that rather misses the entire point of the UK leaving in the first place.

Graciously, he thinks that the EU will accept a request for an extension.

Aww bless, you don't know how to navigate around a simple webpage - how charmingly old fashioned of you! Why don't you look at the link provided (I know it requires a bit of mindless button mashing doesn't it...). For every day of the week there's an "L" and a "C" reference - click on any one and it'll take you to a new page. Then click on "Display all documents..." Last week (11th-15th Feb) there were 228 new documents.... everything from CO2 emissions to the grading of pig carcasses.

And the reason so much of this comes out each week is because EU law tells you what you can do and how you can do it. UK law only tells you what you can't do - for the rest we have the Law of Tort. Go through any of the linkys above and ask yourself where they originate. Is there anything in there that was referenced to a manifesto that you or I voted for at the last EU elections? Categorically not. Then set your mind to the question - where's the democracy?
I know how it works thanks, did you not get it the first time I said it? Still got an awful case of button mashing going on there, see your doctor soonest, it indicates an imminent heart attack.

So... "L" and a "C" reference - "L" will be Legislation aye? Looking for the 100-1,000 regulations a week I can see 52, for the year...here: Legislation if I look under "C" I get 72 for the year, here: Information and Notices which are just that, notices, Public Holiday dates for EU bodies etc...for a grand total under "all" of 124.

Not sure why you're clicking Display all documents published in this Official Journal as that's a refined search which will link to all documents existing which have relevance, no matter when they were published.

HTH.

UK likely to delay Brexit, former EU chief Barroso says | Reuters

Jose Manuel Barroso, former EU Commissioner, has decided that the UK will delay leaving the EU because the EU 'needs more preparations'. His point appears to be that the UK will be willing to delay leaving in order to allow the EU to sort themselves out, which is an interesting viewpoint that rather misses the entire point of the UK leaving in the first place.

Graciously, he thinks that the EU will accept a request for an extension.

I suggest you haven't understood his very diplomatic use of the word 'we'.

I also think there will be a UK request for an extension.

Latest Threads