Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

The EU slipped it's moorings the moment it wet beyond a trading bloc and started to morph into a superstate run by an unelected clique in Brussels.

That was the time to get out.

The EU should go back to being a trading bloc and nothing else.
It was always aiming to be the United States of Europe, right back to its founding Treaty of Rome. Generations of politicians have lied to their electorates, pretending it's about trade. Journalists have supported this.

No one reported the full meaning of the Single European Act or the Lisbon Treaty, or we would have been out before they were signed. They were pushed through without any debate, let alone votes in Parliament, or 'People's Votes'.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Get hot, all of you. The plan to create a European Superstate goes back to 1950 with the Schumann Declaration (READ IT! .. and the deliberate sneakiness of it .. below) if not before - 1947 I think but I don't have a ref. off the cuff.

Schuman Declaration - Wikipedia

When did you read it last and where?

Because I smell bullshit.

I haven't read the Schumann Declaration since the 1980s. Why would I need to?

Why your non sequitur?

Have you checked your shoes for the smell?

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I haven't read the Schumann Declaration since the 1980s. Why would I need to?

Why your non sequitur?

Have you checked your shoes for the smell?
I'm responding your insinuation, 'Has it really taken you 69 years to get round to reading the Schumann Declaration?' that everyone should have read a particular historic document. You were trying to appear superior and it just made you look ridiculous. As did the subsequent claim that you have read the Domesday Book.

I'm responding your insinuation, 'Has it really taken you 69 years to get round to reading the Schumann Declaration?' that everyone should have read a particular historic document. You were trying to appear superior and it just made you look ridiculous. As did the subsequent claim that you have read the Domesday Book.
How outraged do you now feel on a scale of 1 - 10?

1 = not at all,

10 = foaming at the mouth in apoplexy

I didn't say I've read the Domesday Book. It was a big census. Why do you think I've read it?

I was merely pointing out that the Schuman Declaration has been in the public domain for 69 years and people talking about it should at least have the decency to have read it.

It doesn't mention a super-state, by the way. The concept is fodder for idiots.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I didn't say I've read the Domesday Book. It was a big census. Why do you think I've read it?
What made me think you had read it was your response when I asked if you had read it. Now most people who hadn't read it would have responded with a 'No' or something similar.

Your response, 'Not recently' is the usual response of someone who has read a book, but not recently. Nothing you posted after that contradicted that impression although you had ample opportunity to do so.

I strongly suspect that you got caught up in a little fib that you suddenly found it difficult to wriggle out of. That's fine, but a simple 'no I haven't' in answer to the original question would have been so much easier all round.

What made me think you had read it was your response when I asked if you had read it. Now most people who hadn't read it would have responded with a 'No' or something similar.

Your response, 'Not recently' is the usual response of someone who has read a book, but not recently. Nothing you posted after that contradicted that impression although you had ample opportunity to do so.

I strongly suspect that you got caught up in a little fib that you suddenly found it difficult to wriggle out of. That's fine, but a simple 'no I haven't' in answer to the original question would have been so much easier all round.
Your interpretation is for you to struggle with. You asked if I'd read the Domesday Book recently (at least I know the spelling) and I answered your question that I hadn't.

Why did you even ask since the topic was the Schuman Declaration of 1950? A publicly available document since 1950 which I last read in the mid 1980s.

Latest Threads